37,000-machine study finds most reliable Windows PC is a Mac

Jozi

Easy with the hostility mate! I agree that the way he communicated his opposing views was totally uncalled for, but that doesn't warrant the "come at me bro" attitude from a senior member towards a first time poster.

I love my Mac, but even so, when i first read your post I couldn't help but think that it was a little wrong.

Firstly, very little of what you wrote had anything to do with the topic, but thats OK, just know that a mac user will always be preaching to uninterested folks, and for people who doesn't give a damn, that can be a little annoying.

Secondly, a lot of what you wrote aren't facts, it's opinions. It's not like OSX is vastly superior to Win7 (in a lot of cases, I as a OSX user find Win7 to be far better). Both are good OSes. Whats important here is that a lot comes down to personal preference and just having the right tool for the right job.

I'm not being hostile, I just like to stand by what I say, and most of the things I listed are in fact objective. If someone's gonna call me out, they could at least put some effort into it. Apple makes better laptops than anyone, it's the truth, you just have to pay a premium, which is apparently a MASSIVE deal. Also, this thread has essentially turned into a mac vs PC debate, so anything goes, really.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I don't recall atributing any properties to the unibody construction :P But if what you say about drivers is correct, then the "fresh install" argument kinda falls to pieces on the grounds that drivers should be available from the manufacturer ;) Would driver backup work with the transition from one OS to another, like Vista to Win7? Or 32-64 bit?

It can, sometimes .....ive seen it work and ive seen it not work. A good example for this is the screen brightness on a windows 8 computer, windows 8 uses 100steps i think where as windows 7 only uses 16 steps of screen brightness, so when you put windows 7 onto a windows 8 computer it can cause issues if the company does not provide a fixed driver (Im looking at you lenovo) So ive copied the display drivers from one system to another to fix this issue. A good program to do this is doubledrive, it works very well and havnt had any problems with it..yet. 

I'm not being hostile, I just like to stand by what I say, and most of the things I listed are in fact objective. If someone's gonna call me out, they could at least put some effort into it. Apple makes better laptops than anyone, it's the truth, you just have to pay a premium, which is apparently a MASSIVE deal. Also, this thread has essentially turned into a mac vs PC debate, so anything goes, really.

I dont think you can call out and say "APPLE MAKES BETTER COMPUTERS THEY ARE SUPERIOR" this is a very personal opinion. Someone could prefer plastic over metal, Plus i think if we found some highend 2k$ computers i think they would be very comparable to a mac, but i think what happens a lot is that people try to compare a 500$ PC to a 2k$ mac, thats not exactly fair, yes i know macs have a premium but its not quite that much. You wouldn't compare a ferrari and a volkswagon now would you? They are a completely different class 

Oh my god. Have you read ANY of the posts I've made in this thread? You can't just take a single one and start spouting crap out of context. I can't believe some of you call mac users idiots when you fail to comprehend and respond to a simple argument. The list in the OP is very simple: what is the best laptop running windows. Wow. It is a Mac. Why is this their finding? Because they are better. Why are they better? See my post on the first page. Why are they more expensive? Read my posts in the thread. You found a $2k PC that's comparable? Great, there's your price argument gone. Still want to call me out? You have misinterpreted what I've said and need help. Still don't believe me? Go out and ACTUALLY USE ONE. Some of you just need come to terms with the fact that sometimes Apple does things right, regardless of if you like it or not. Stop being close minded and stop jumping on the hate bandwagon.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

O no way? The mac beat a laptop that is less than half its price! WITH WINDOWS ON IT!

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

O no way? The mac beat a laptop that is less than half its price! WITH WINDOWS ON IT!

Actually the macbook had windows on it, they loaded windows on it. I suggest you run from this thread as fast as you can because its a huge fight of mac vs pc

Lyons:

The point I was trying to make: The Mac didn't win due to anything of what you wrote in your first post. The Mac won because it was the most stable at running windows. Not because it has OSX. Not because it has a good trackpad. Not because it's built like a champ. Because it crashed the least times.

Lyons:

The point I was trying to make: The Mac didn't win due to anything of what you wrote in your first post. The Mac won because it was the most stable at running windows. Not because it has OSX. Not because it has a good trackpad. Not because it's built like a champ. Because it crashed the least times.

^^^^This^^^this^^^^^everyone read this^^^^^^^

Yeah, cool. It's the best at running windows, AND it has everything else that I listed, hence why Macbooks are such good laptops, and also explaining why they are expensive (and price is the thing that everyone craps on about). Am I allowed to do that? I know what the test was. I can read. I just like to make the point that it wins on all fronts, and this is obviously a problem for some of you seeing as you've made such a big deal about it, so I'll say what I want. It's not worth getting so butthurt over something like this. That's it then - we agree? Great. You guys will get it some day, don't worry. Good talk. [see my avatar]

Yeah, cool. It's the best at running windows, AND it has everything else that I listed, hence why Macbooks are such good laptops, and also explaining why they are expensive (and price is the thing that everyone craps on about). Am I allowed to do that? I know what the test was. I can read. I just like to make the point that it wins on all fronts, and this is obviously a problem for some of you seeing as you've made such a big deal about it, so I'll say what I want. It's not worth getting so butthurt over something like this. That's it then - we agree? Great. You guys will get it some day, don't worry. [see my avatar]

Those are you personal opinions, YOU may think that the macbook is better but someone may think differently, it is normally not nice to force your opinion on other people.

You can call them 'opinions' all you like, but until you prove me wrong, like I asked, I fail to see how it isn't truth. I don't force my opinions on anybody. I stated them, you read them, you take of it what you will. I haven't told you to do anything. Just because you read someone's opinion doesn't they want you to believe it. All you're doing is putting words in my mouth, which is pretty ironic given what you're claiming I've done. I'm actually a very nice person. I write formally and simply because that's the best way to get a point across, but clearly there's something stopping people from understanding what I am saying, which is pretty confusing.

Despite the initially positive responses on this thread, I am locking it for multiple reasons (i.e. the inherent nature of threads like this and the last two pages of posts, as well as the divergence from civil conversation).