Soldering Help

Anybody know anything about Soldering and would like to give info about it because I would like to get into it.

Any info is helpful.

< removed by moderation >

Edited by LogicalDrm

Managed to find some simply by typing it.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

15 minutes ago, TukangUsapEmenq said:

Managed to find some simply by typing it.

Thanks for the Input!

Pace has a very good series about soldering, the basics.  It may look dated, but the advice in the lessons still applies even though we now have better soldering irons.

Watch at least these lessons (I'm skipping a few because they explain soldering some pins/terminals which are no longer in fashion, outdated):

Dave from eevBlog also made a series about soldering explaining things in detail, and it's worth watching, here's the first part and 2nd part which are most relevant/usefull. You can easily find part 3 on his channel

Anyway ... the basics

A good soldering iron helps a lot . Ideally you want to have a soldering station with adjustable temperature and temperature sensor inside the tip. There are cheap soldering stations that don't have temperature sensor, and pretend to adjust temperature by adjusting the amount of power sent to the tip (think of it like adjusting flame on the stove or the power on your vacuum cleaner without actually measuring the water temperature on the stove)

Good solder wire helps a lot. Cheap solder wire on eBay, chinese no name solder, is often crap, with minimal flux inside or with bad composition (bad mix of lead and tin, or no lead at all), making soldering harder than it has to be.

Liquid flux helps a lot. Even though good solder wire has flux inside, extra flux helps and it's not that expensive.

Watch the videos and ask questions if you have some.

-> Moved to Hobby Electronics

@Bee Bus Hardware, your email has been removed from the post. Its generally not good idea to have your email available on open forums. Thats just asking for spam and worse.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, mariushm said:

Pace has a very good series about soldering, the basics.  It may look dated, but the advice in the lessons still applies even though we now have better soldering irons.

Watch at least these lessons (I'm skipping a few because they explain soldering some pins/terminals which are no longer in fashion, outdated):

Dave from eevBlog also made a series about soldering explaining things in detail, and it's worth watching, here's the first part and 2nd part which are most relevant/usefull. You can easily find part 3 on his channel

Anyway ... the basics

A good soldering iron helps a lot . Ideally you want to have a soldering station with adjustable temperature and temperature sensor inside the tip. There are cheap soldering stations that don't have temperature sensor, and pretend to adjust temperature by adjusting the amount of power sent to the tip (think of it like adjusting flame on the stove or the power on your vacuum cleaner without actually measuring the water temperature on the stove)

Good solder wire helps a lot. Cheap solder wire on eBay, chinese no name solder, is often crap, with minimal flux inside or with bad composition (bad mix of lead and tin, or no lead at all), making soldering harder than it has to be.

Liquid flux helps a lot. Even though good solder wire has flux inside, extra flux helps and it's not that expensive.

Watch the videos and ask questions if you have some.

Super helpful but do you know any good budget soldering irons?

I think the most important thing is to get a temperature controlled iron. I have a clone T12 station from Aliexpress and a Pinecil. For hobbyists beginners, I would recommend the Pinecil, it's fairly cheap and very good quality, I think it beats off any other easily available retail product. It also comes with a B2 tip, which is much better than the usual conical ones. I also really found the C4 tip extremely useful, if you want to spend a couple more bucks. Btw, you can get tips off Aliexpress for ~5$.

If you are going to solder smaller stuff, like SMD, I would definitely recommend getting some flux, but if you are only gonna work on through hole stuff, that is not necessary.

https://pine64.com/product/pinecil-smart-mini-portable-soldering-iron/