Epic Games launcher, huge drops and spikes in GPU utilisation in all games on launcher

Up until last week GTA 5 would run absolutely fine with everything on very high at 1080p and capped at 75fps.

I didn't change anything but now I am seeing huge GPU drops and spikes from 0-99% and CPU utilisation at a steady 30% (Not sure if it should be higher) The ram usage is around 8GB out of 16GB which was pretty normal for me. The temperatures are not crazy either, both CPU and GPU are sitting around 50-55 Celsius when playing. The GPU SCLK also spikes and drops hugely. I have tried low settings but the issue still persists.  Every other game I own seems to run absolutely fine, Forza Horizon 4, Cold War and Modern Warfare and Rocket league have no issues at all at fairly high settings so I don't think it is a hardware issue. 

I am also using the Epic Games store version if that makes a difference. 

My pc specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Radeon RX 5500 XT

Kingston M.2 ssd 500GB

SanDisk SATA ssd 500GB

16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mHz

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? 

Edit*

I have now noticed that the huge spikes and drops seem to only be affecting epic games store titles, I installed rocket league and was facing similar low CPU usage and GPU usage all over the place.

Compared to Forza 4, the CPU usage got up to at least 50% in demanding areas and GPU usage was more consistent with no huge spikes or drops unlike games on the Epic Games launcher. 

I've also reinstalled and verified the game again and still no change

Have you tried reinstalling the driver ?
If temps & power are no issue and it is more like a periodic issue, then I would think some loop is not working properly and once it reaches the critical part something resets.

30 minutes ago, Ulysses499 said:

Have you tried reinstalling the driver ?
If temps & power are no issue and it is more like a periodic issue, then I would think some loop is not working properly and once it reaches the critical part something resets.

Yeah sorry should have mentioned, the first thing I did was roll back my driver using the AMD cleanup utility, didn't work so I did it again and went to the latest driver and still experiencing the issue. I also tried reinstalling Windows 10 but keeping my files. I'm not sure if it is being CPU bound because 30% utilisation seems pretty low for GTA 5. The game can't keep a steady frame rate at all, it will go anywhere from 0-120 every frame according to the Radeon performance metrics even though it is supposed to be capped at 75fps, and is very laggy in the settings menus which is really odd. 

1 minute ago, Activia Yogurt said:

Yeah sorry should have mentioned, the first thing I did was roll back my driver using the AMD cleanup utility, didn't work so I did it again and went to the latest driver and still experiencing the issue. I also tried reinstalling Windows 10 but keeping my files. I'm not sure if it is being CPU bound because 30% utilisation seems pretty low for GTA 5. The game can't keep a steady frame rate at all, it will go anywhere from 0-120 every frame according to the Radeon performance metrics even though it is supposed to be capped at 75fps, and is very laggy in the settings menus which is really odd. 

Are any programs running in the background ? 

Just now, Ulysses499 said:

Are any programs running in the background ? 

Only discord with GPU acceleration disabled and the epic games launcher but it used to be fine with multiple chrome tabs, discord and launchers all running in the background

1 minute ago, Activia Yogurt said:

Only discord with GPU acceleration disabled and the epic games launcher but it used to be fine with multiple chrome tabs, discord and launchers all running in the background

I would advise you to try it without any other program running, if it is persistent then you could try reinstalling the game

13 hours ago, Ulysses499 said:

I would advise you to try it without any other program running, if it is persistent then you could try reinstalling the game

Just tried that and have seen no difference, and I reinstalled the game twice. I believe it's some issue with Epic games as I installed the Epic games version of rocket league and I am seeing the low CPU usage and the high GPU usage spikes and drops similar to GTA 5 epic games version