CPU much slower on win 11

Origami Cactus

So what the title says. On win 10 my laptop could render videos at 3.5ghz on Ryzen 4750u, but on windows 11 it is only 2.34ghz, way slower, it isn't thermally bound.

The power slider is gone too, so it seems that my laptop is stuck on balanced powerplan, with no way to get it to high performance.

In lenovo vantage the power modes are missing too, so im completely at a loss here, on how to regain my lost gigahertzes.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

If you click the thing with the wifi, battery etc and then the battery it will bring you to a settings page where you can change power plan.

Also know that there's a cache bug for Ryzen CPU's causing slow downs, it should be fixed soon.

17 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

If you click the thing with the wifi, battery etc and then the battery it will bring you to a settings page where you can change power plan.

Also know that there's a cache bug for Ryzen CPU's causing slow downs, it should be fixed soon.

Both AMD and Microsoft put out fixes for the AMD bug... get both

Intel Core i9 10920x CPU; ASUS ROG Strix x299-E Gaming II Motherboard; 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 MHz Quad Channel Kit; EVGA RTX 2070 Gaming 8 GB; 2 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 SSD; 1 TB WD Blue SATA SSD; 2x 6 TB HGST DeskStar NAS Hard Drives; Corsair Hydro H150i RGB PRO XT All In One Cooler; Corsair RM1000i 1000 Watt PSU; Corsair Commander Pro Lighting & Fan control; 4x Corsair HD120 RGB 120 mm fans - Intake ; Lian Li 011-Dynamic Razer Edition cube case, Windows 11 Pro 23H2

33 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

It has been fixed....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

• Make sure you have the latest version of Windows 11
  • Install latest AMD chipset drivers for Windows 11
  • Install the latest UEFI (reports of some boards has performance issues when fTPM is enabled.. not all boards, some. Nothing officially confirmed, based on user feedback that I read... that said, regardless, it's good to have the latest version, especially when a new OS is released)

19 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It has been fixed....

19 hours ago, BlackDragon1971 said:

Both AMD and Microsoft put out fixes for the AMD bug... get both

20 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Yeah i have the cache slowdown bug probably fixed, but surely that has nothing to do with the GHz i am loosing?

I've heard that AMD lost performance per clock with win 11, but i am also loosing just the clockspeed as well.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah i have the cache slowdown bug probably fixed, but surely that has nothing to do with the GHz i am loosing?

I've heard that AMD lost performance per clock with win 11, but i am also loosing just the clockspeed as well.

I don't have an amd machine running 11 yet but windows is stepping down the speed when not under load to save on power consumption. When you do a single or multi thread test like in cinebench you should see it come back up to where it should be.