Corsair 5000d and 7000d fans/hdd clearance

Maxie94

Hello. I've been on the market for a new case for a while now, and I narrowed it down to these 2 cases, the Corsair 5000d airflow and the 7000d airflow, and after months of research, the decisive factor is: will I be able to fit 3 fans on the side panel with hdds on the hdd cage on the 5000d airflow? And if not, will I be able to fit 4 fans on the side panel with AT LEAST one hdd cage on the 7000d airflow?

5 hours ago, Maxie94 said:

Hello. I've been on the market for a new case for a while now, and I narrowed it down to these 2 cases, the Corsair 5000d airflow and the 7000d airflow, and after months of research, the decisive factor is: will I be able to fit 3 fans on the side panel with hdds on the hdd cage on the 5000d airflow? And if not, will I be able to fit 4 fans on the side panel with AT LEAST one hdd cage on the 7000d airflow?

7000d can 100% hold two hdd with 4 fans installed, im currently running it

13 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

7000d can 100% hold two hdd with 4 fans installed, im currently running it

The fans are installed on the side panel right? Could you send a pic? And your hdds are in one of the right?

Yes the fans are installed in the side and the hdd is in the cage to the right. I could put up a picture of the front but its a nightmare to get my case turned around and opened on the back to show the hdd, its a watercooled set up and heavy AF lol

19 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

D5DDA8CF-D583-440E-9F89-9E305BA0BC27.jpeg

I see. So if you want to install hdds, and want to install fans on the side panel, the cage HAS to be to the right. I thought you could move the cages to the left to the front of the case and still be able to install fans on the side panel, but apparently you can't.

1 minute ago, Maxie94 said:

I see. So if you want to install hdds, and want to install fans on the side panel, the cage HAS to be to the right. I thought you could move the cages to the left to the front of the case and still be able to install fans on the side panel, but apparently you can't.

You can still go to the left if you only do 3 fans, only have to remove the left cages to do the 4th

Maybe the same goes for the 5000d, you can move the cage to the front but you wouldn't be able to install the 3rd fan.

if you're using front rad with 40mm thickness, u might fit the hdd cage in there (depending on cable management skill)

this is my 5000d airflow with bykski 40mm 360 front rad & 30mm 280 top rad

i skip using psu extension cable 😅

image.png.d47ef3760b434e10d40bd383b3af5762.png

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

14 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

if you're using front rad with 40mm thickness, u might fit the hdd cage in there (depending on cable management skill)

this is my 5000d airflow with bykski 40mm 360 front rad & 30mm 280 top rad

i skip using psu extension cable 😅

image.png.d47ef3760b434e10d40bd383b3af5762.png

For cooling I'd just be using one 360 mm rad on the top, the rest I'll fill it with fans