Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic - 3xfan packs with 3 fan headers on a B350-F Motherboard? (Compatible?)

Seeing as im now kind of decided on this area, before i press the buy button.. Will this run/go?

Currently having this in my basket at proshop:

utklipp1.thumb.PNG.a1a40ac91ec5aa710e1fca845c0ebef7.PNG

Currenty 3x fanpacks of the PWM PST for more simpler setup so it only requires one fan-header. Thinking my masterliquid will go ontop and put the other 6 fans bottom / side intake.

Will this go / be compatible on a B350-F board? Or am i missing something?

Before i actually do press the buy button and get it sent to me and then i just sit there thinking "fuck i forgot something" 🙂

Will probably have to order the usb-c cable later for this case.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I doubt you can put all 9 fans on a single pwm fan header. Headers generally provide only 1A. The motherboard has four headers, so that shouldn't be an issue.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

7 hours ago, brob said:

I doubt you can put all 9 fans on a single pwm fan header. Headers generally provide only 1A. The motherboard has four headers, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Guess im on to buy a fan hub then 🙂, would like to control each fan with a pwm header itself so.

Read alot good about commander pro, but if* you have another recommendation please tell 🙂

Edited by MultiGamerClub

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

3 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Guess im on to buy a fan hub then 🙂, would like to control each fan with a pwm header itself so.

Read alot good about commander pro, but if* you have another recommendation please tell 🙂

I wouldn't bother with a fan hub. You have enough headers to run all the fans. Those mounted side-by-side can be linked together and controlled from one header. Asus has a decent motherboard fan control utility.

3 minutes ago, brob said:

I wouldn't bother with a fan hub. You have enough headers to run all the fans. Those mounted side-by-side can be linked together and controlled from one header. Asus has a decent motherboard fan control utility.

Im gonna run 9x120mm fans connected to 3 headers that all need to be pwm.

I found out cha_fan1 and cha_fan2 doesnt work to be changed to pwm control 😕

The top one is the only PWM plug i have.

Currently seeing if a bios update will somehow fix the CHA_fan1/2 spots can be used as pwm or else im just gonna order a commander pro.

Im gonna run 9x120mm fans connected to 3 headers that all need to be pwm.

I found out cha_fan1 and cha_fan2 doesnt work to be changed to pwm control 😕

The top one is the only PWM plug i have.

Currently seeing if a bios update will somehow fix the CHA_fan1/2 spots can be used as pwm or else im just gonna order a commander pro.

Did you check in the BIOS? Sometimes the manual doesn't show pwm support that can be switched in the BIOS.

The non-pwm 4-pin headers should be able to control fan speeds through voltage control. PWM fan speed can also1 be voltage controlled.

5 hours ago, brob said:

Did you check in the BIOS? Sometimes the manual doesn't show pwm support that can be switched in the BIOS.

The non-pwm 4-pin headers should be able to control fan speeds through voltage control. PWM fan speed can also1 be voltage controlled.

I see now that I can change cpu fan and all cha fan headers to pwm control.. 🤔

Not sure if all headers will work at the same time even if they should as some have been defective in the past but worked other times..

I'll see if it's possible via the headers first, if its not ill just get the Commander Pro.

Have you been using Fan Xpert 4 to set fan profiles?

1 hour ago, brob said:

Have you been using Fan Xpert 4 to set fan profiles?

Yes. But when the headers themself is greyed out its not too much fun 😅

Cha fan 1 has a tendency to go away on its own..

I guess the motherboard is out of warranty. Good luck.

Just buy a cheap no name powered fan hub and plug a pwm cable into it

Tbh i do have a fan hub like this i bought off aliexpress and yea seems to work fine, even put a server fan on it cause i wanted it to run faster, mb header only supplies 1a and the fan is a 12v 1.3a

Im not really sure on what amps they can handle though ill prob need a few more server fans to actually burn it, power does come from a molex cable

5 hours ago, brob said:

I guess the motherboard is out of warranty. Good luck.

Its working now.. But God knows for how long.. Or something with the faulty software giving up some

times, thanks 🙂

4 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just buy a cheap no name powered fan hub and plug a pwm cable into it

Tbh i do have a fan hub like this i bought off aliexpress and yea seems to work fine, even put a server fan on it cause i wanted it to run faster, mb header only supplies 1a and the fan is a 12v 1.3a

Im not really sure on what amps they can handle though ill prob need a few more server fans to actually burn it, power does come from a molex cable

Ended ordering the Commander Pro and the rgb hub for it. Might aswell be prepared fir the pwm and a rgb fans.

Ended ordering the Commander Pro and the rgb hub for it. Might aswell be prepared fir the pwm and a rgb fans.

Well atleast you chose some good high performing rgb fans unlike some other incredibly overpriced rgb fan (looking at you corsair ll/ql)

Also why the hell are these fan hubs so expensive? I can find cheap powered pwm no name hubs for ~2-4$

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

ql

Was considering those.. But a 3pack for 15€ kinda.. oof.

Well atleast you chose some good high performing rgb fans unlike some other incredibly overpriced rgb fan (looking at you corsair ll/ql)

Also why the hell are these fan hubs so expensive? I can find cheap powered pwm no name hubs for ~2-4$

Commandor pro being at 75€ sucks..

With the rgb hub at 25€.. But with shipping making it 35€ 😐

So now ive blown just alone.. 110€ for a fan controller and a rgb hub..

oof?

2 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

So now ive blown just alone.. 110€ for a fan controller and a rgb hub..

2 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

oof?

Big ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

Yea i tend to just diy things rather than buying overpriced crap, like 75$ for a fking fan hub? God no, at that price i would have just bought a bunch of rads for my sad testbench

Big ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

Yea i tend to just diy things rather than buying overpriced crap, like 75$ for a fking fan hub? God no, at that price i would have just bought a bunch of rads for my sad testbench

Considering my old 120 cooler master fans is dying and im not sure my mobo supports 3x rgb fans.. Expensive indeed 😕

10 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Considering my old 120 cooler master fans is dying and im not sure my mobo supports 3x rgb fans.. Expensive indeed 😕

Yea i think a no name powered pwm fan hub + a cheap rgb hub would have been the way to go here

Ah well atleast it gonna be convenient to setup and not a literal eyesore like a diy solution

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yea i think a no name powered pwm fan hub + a cheap rgb hub would have been the way to go here

Ah well atleast it gonna be convenient to setup and not a literal eyesore like a diy solution

Hehe. Im not too techy when it comes to diy stuff and i just really wants it to be simple.

Commander pro with its own rgb hub that your supposed to order with it.. Hoping for the best.

Ordered some white sleeves for the gpu so it doesnt look so ass janky as its now.. With 3 daisy chain cables just hanging ontop of the gpu, not looking good haha 🙂

(I have the R6 all covered up, but it bothers me a bit now that i care more about the colours and space..)