Razer brand Overrated?

CharlieMR

What about Steelseries?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Personally i only use 1 Razer product, and that's the cheap mouse the Razer Abyssus of which i was not expecting much from. I was pleasantly surprised by the software and the features on the product and i have had no problems yet. Over rated... No. Over publicized, maybe. 

PC Specs
Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Processor (With stock heat sink  :mellow:) - MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard - Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM - Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" HDD - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GPU - Fractal Design Define R4 Case - Antec High Current Gamer 620W PSU - Sony DVD/CD Writer - Steelseries Siberia V2 - Logitech G110 - Razer Abyssus

I've never had anything Razer, all I can say is that I think they have over priced products, maybe they are worth the money, I don't know XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Personally i only use 1 Razer product, and that's the cheap mouse the Razer Abyssus of which i was not expecting much from. I was pleasantly surprised by the software and the features on the product and i have had no problems yet. Over rated... No. Over publicized, maybe. 

I'm using the Abyssus too. Have it for almost 2 years already. Back then I was a Razer fanboy too until I met other products such as Steelseries and Zowie. Am still using the Abyssus because it just works, no fancy and stupid buttons is what I like about mice. For me, it is a great mice but I wouldn't miss it if I have the chance to swap it out for a Sensei from steelseries or an AM from Zowie.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

What about Steelseries?

As a gaming company they also have to make marketing strategies to get consumers to buy their products. It may not be as big as Razer, but I would prefer to go for SteelSeries products than Razer. They sell a wide range of peripherals, and both sides have good/bad products. Still, I'd go SteelSeries :) Their products aren't as overpriced.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

The only thing that I really like from razer is their mechanical keyboards

I'm using the Abyssus too. Have it for almost 2 years already. Back then I was a Razer fanboy too until I met other products such as Steelseries and Zowie. Am still using the Abyssus because it just works, no fancy and stupid buttons is what I like about mice. For me, it is a great mice but I wouldn't miss it if I have the chance to swap it out for a Sensei from steelseries or an AM from Zowie.

Sure it is missing a few functions such as extra buttons (Which i would like to have) but to say that this is the "Bottom of the line" product from Razer the build quality is good

PC Specs
Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Processor (With stock heat sink  :mellow:) - MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard - Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM - Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" HDD - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GPU - Fractal Design Define R4 Case - Antec High Current Gamer 620W PSU - Sony DVD/CD Writer - Steelseries Siberia V2 - Logitech G110 - Razer Abyssus

Razer is a company that many newcomers to PC will recognize just because of how widely popular their products are, and that makes them assume that their products are "top-notch". They definitely have a few good products, but would I ever recommend them? Probably not. Practically everything they sale has a better option at their price points, so I personally find no reason to purchase their products. They are similar to Apple, in that sense.

Like what Linus mentioned, Razer sells a lot to get so much bad reviews. I'm not saying that they are good by any stretch of imagination but their marketing is by far one of the best in the PC industry.

Now, lets move on to their products, I generally don't like most of their products as I think they are quite stupid, overrated and overpriced.

Deathadder 2013 - Really? The sensor on the Deathadder 3.5 is considered one of the best for FPS gaming, changing the sensor spoils the entire mouse!

Lycosa - I had one, shift broke after 6 months, keys were disgusting to type on. The media control thingy was cool though.

Lycosa Mirror - I had one as well, space collapsed on the left side and the glossy finish is a fingerprint magnet!

Blackwidow - Glossy handrest, blue switches

Mamba - Latency issues

Tiamat 7.1 - Really? -.-

Blade - You must be mad, for that price get an Asus G75, Aspire S7 and then some...

Sometimes Razer makes great products, but rarely...

Deathadder 3/3.5G - Great mouse, period.

Copperhead - Solid mouse

Diamondback - Solid mouse

Mousepads - Can't hate on mousepads, personal preference.

Ouroboros - Good mouse but expensive, unoriginal as well but its good to be honest.

Razer is overrated as f***k. 

Cheap quality mostly, bad manufactured products, so on, so on.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I own a Razer Black Widow expert and a Deathadder.  Both work perfectly for me.  The drivers are great with their cloud syncing.  The peripherals themselves are solid.  I did have to OEM the keyboard due to keystrokes not registering.  But the one they sent me works fine now.

I wouldn't say Razer products are overrated, they're just very widely used.  Probably because they produce legitimately good products.

I have had my blackwiddow for more than a year now and it is fine. I like razer a lot

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram