Memory is "Intel Only"?

Go to solution Solved by PenguinMaster,
7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That's 32GB = +$$ and of course RGB = +$$ and then that better quality die.... and they know it.... = +$$..

And why I run only 16gb. Haven't had the memory warning on the HTPC which the kids uses the F out of. He doesn't stream, but gaming and chat + AI (likes to play BeamNGDrive a lot haha). Haven't maxed 16gb yet. So if your only gaming, save your coin and just get 16gb... unless you're a streamer junky (or other compute), then I understand. 

I think I might just get the 16GB because even though my use case is gaming / 3D modeling I think I can get away with 16GB plus I honestly don't think its worth so much extra to me

This is the set I'm set on: CMW16GX4M2Z3600C14

The price is pretty good at $136.99

So hopefully after selling my old memory it should be almost even for pricing. I know the capacity is half now but I'm honestly just happy that the computer will finally work without blue screening.

30 minutes ago, PenguinMaster said:

@ShrimpBrime @Mark Kaine

Is it wise to buy the memory now at $136.99 when normal MSRP is $158.99 or is it better to wait until Cyber Monday to see if it gets discounted?

Not sure on that one honestly. It's been a crazy past couple of years concerning hardware and pricing. It's a roller coaster ride.

18 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Not sure on that one honestly. It's been a crazy past couple of years concerning hardware and pricing. It's a roller coaster ride.

I think I would rather grab it rn, I mean its reduced already and might is sold out once cyber Monday comes around...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity