Corsair RM650x (2018) VS MSI MPG A650GF

Filingo

It's related to my previous post, but it is different after all, so hopefully it's not considered a double-post

I ordered the MSI A650GF and then cancelled it and ordered the Corsair RM650x (2018) because it seems to be quieter.

I got the Corsair for $75 instead of the MSI for $60.

Besides price and noise level, what else are the pros and cons of each?

Is the Corsair better overall?

I saw that both use the same OEM (CWT). And I even heard someone say that the MSI is "the multi-rail version of the RMx". (CWT GPU platform)

Is the "old" Corsair a good choice in 2021? (I chose it because it's quieter than even the 2021 version which has a more noisy fan curve)

3 hours ago, Filingo said:

Is the Corsair better overall?

Yep.

And I even heard someone say that the MSI is "the multi-rail version of the RMx". (CWT GPU platform)

The RMx uses a custom design, you really can't compare them.
Knowing/assuming that Corsair has much higher QC/consistency*/safety standards than MSI (and the rest of the industry, really), I would grab an RMx over any CWT GPU based unit.

*even when there are component shortages, they never go for worse options, if they can't find equivalent options they go for an upgrade.

Is the "old" Corsair a good choice in 2021? (I chose it because it's quieter than even the 2021 version which has a more noisy fan curve)

At that price, that's not a good choice, that's a great choice.
Great performance, durable, ultra-quiet.
Multirail isn't that big of a deal at this wattage anyway, no need to worry.