Can i use MSI Afterburner to help with my bad gpu.

Sushi_isla

Hello, I have a kind of strange build, I have a I9-9900KF CPU With a 1050Ti as a GPU, there is obvious bottleneck
My question is, can i use MSI Afterburner to lower the bottleneck and perhaps maybe make it so they work better together.
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I just have never before used MSI Afterburner, so I'm not familiar with it's powers.

You can use MSI Afterburner to overclock your graphics card, which should help it perform better. The uplift won't be enormous, but if you lucked out with a card that overclocks well, you might see a 10% boost in FPS in some games depending on what kind of clockspeeds you can hit on the core and memory.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

You can use MSI Afterburner to overclock your graphics card, which should help it perform better. The uplift won't be enormous, but if you lucked out with a card that overclocks well, you might see a 10% boost in FPS in some games depending on what kind of clockspeeds you can hit on the core and memory.

Thank you for the feedback.

AfterBurner is for overclocking. You might see a small uplift in performance by overclocking it a little bit, but it won't be a game changer. The only and best way to remove the GPU bottleneck is to upgrade to a better GPU.

A bottleneck is always relative. Does it perform to your satisfaction? If so, then although there is technically a bottleneck it matters much less. If not, then it's time to start saving up for a new one.

Not sure what the PC was built to do, but seeing how it's an "F" CPU that is probably the reason it's a mere 1050 Ti. Those don't come with an iGPU and you need a GPU for display output. The builder (if bought new) seems to have had a CPU-intensive task in mind above all.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

If you want more ocing headroom you could screw around with bios and voltmodding though that can actually destroy your card if you arent careful

Yea sure you can overclock it for some performance increase, but it won't be noticeable in many cases

I personally wouldn't recommend it sure to the (albeit very small) risk involved, but if you practice cautious when overclocking then it'll definitely be helpful, somewhat

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv