BT Headset is connected but sound goes out of the phone speakers (PIXEL 5, ANDROID 12 + BOSE QC 35 II)

Hello I'm coming to you because I really don't know where to turn. No recent post on the forums helped me to solve my problem.

So here's the deal. I have a Pixel 5 running Android 12 and a Bose QC 35 II headset. A while ago everything was fine in the best of worlds except that for no apparent reason, for a few days now, when I connect my headset to my phone everything is displayed normally. The headset is recognized and the sound comes out in the headset for a short time. Then all of a sudden, the sound cuts off and then the sound starts again on the speakers of my phone.

EXCEPT! The headset is still connected and when I look in the settings everything is OK. All the bluetooth options are activated (multimedia sound, etc.) when I choose the place where the sound should come out, it is well displayed that it is my helmet in bluetooth. In short, everything seems to work properly except that not ...

I tested the headset on other devices and I have no problem. I have no other bluetooth headset to test on my phone unfortunately.
I also completely reset my phone. It worked for a while with disgusting micro cuts but at least I had sound. Then I'm back to square one... I have sound coming out of my phone's speakers again. If anyone can help me I would be incredibly grateful. I don't really want to change my phone right now...

If you have any questions about the versions (my phone or anything) I can provide you with everything without any worries. If there are any manips that need a wipe like that I don't care I'll take it all. I just want it to work.

Hello, i got that issue sometimes too with my phone and my wireless buds. 
If this happends, i usually check if the headphones are connected right. But, it says theyre connected without any media consumption. (Sorry for bad english, i hope u understand what i mean). In this case, i need to reconnect the bluetooth and it usually works, if not, ill try to restart the phone. If this dont help, i need to delete the headphones from the phone and recouple(?) the phones with the phone. 
Otherwise u could try a hardreset. u need to hold the lower volume and power button for 10-15 seconds, maybe there is something bugged and this helps. 
If none of this helps, u maybe need to factory reset ur phone.. 

I hope something helps. Sorry for my bad english. 

Greetings from Germany

2 hours ago, Rekoran said:

Hello, i got that issue sometimes too with my phone and my wireless buds. 
If this happends, i usually check if the headphones are connected right. But, it says theyre connected without any media consumption. (Sorry for bad english, i hope u understand what i mean). In this case, i need to reconnect the bluetooth and it usually works, if not, ill try to restart the phone. If this dont help, i need to delete the headphones from the phone and recouple(?) the phones with the phone. 
Otherwise u could try a hardreset. u need to hold the lower volume and power button for 10-15 seconds, maybe there is something bugged and this helps. 
If none of this helps, u maybe need to factory reset ur phone.. 

I hope something helps. Sorry for my bad english. 

Greetings from Germany

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, I have already done all these manipulations... Factory reset included. None of these solutions solved the problem in the long run. At the beginning it works again, then after a while the problem reappears as if by magic.

But thanks for the answer.  If someone else has an idea I'm interested.

After a whole day of testing to find the source of the problem and not finding anything conclusive, I resigned myself to do a simple thing, the hard reset. Recently Google released the final version of Android 12. I had already installed it since I was in the beta program, but it was an OTA installation.

Anyway, if someone suffers from the same problem as me and wants to get rid of it here is my solution:

Know that the hard reset will delete all the data contained on the phone.

Maybe a simple factory reset is enough if you don't use the google backup tool afterwards. I don't know, I haven't tested it. Anyway if you want to follow this tuto it's worth to do this first. Since you will have to manually install everything again anyway.

You need to :
- backup your data if you want to keep them. You will not be able to use the backup tool of google because it will reinstall the problem with your data. (believe me, I've been there)

- On your PC : ADB, FastBoot and Android Drivers

- Activate the develop mode on your phone

- activate the USB debugging

- Unlock the bootloader ( For Pixel 5 user )
This will reset your phone to zero.

- An image of the official system. (For Pixel 5 user and some other android phones)

- Flash the image on your phone. (For Pixel 5 user)

- Lock the Bootloader (Same as unlocking it, just put "lock" instead of "unlock")
This will reset your phone again.

In total the phone will be reset 3 times including once in hard reset mode (when you flash the official android ROM)

Now you are done. After several tests I made choose NOT to import your backup from the old phone or the problem will come back. I guess it must be a corrupted configuration file that reinstalls with it. You just have to manually reinstall your applications and reconnect your accounts.

Everything seems to be working fine after a few hours of testing, I'm pretty confident since the problem usually occurred within the first 10 minutes of use.

I doubt that someone else is facing this problem but if it happened to me it can happen to anyone so here is my solution.

Okay nvm it came back today. Fuck this. I'm gonna buy an Iphone.