Surface Mini coming & info

GoodBytes

Because the idea of the Surface is a device that is an ultrabook like device, and can flip in a fast way to a tablet.

This is a key features of the Surface Pro which makes it able for a user to super quickly switch from typing notes to writing and back to typing notes. For the Surface, it switching for work to consumption quickly.

While possible with the Lenovo Yoga, ignoring patent issues, it is cumbersome to switch back and forth on the fly.

What patent issues do you speak of?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

What patent issues do you speak of?

Lenovo holds the patent for the Yoga hinge design.

Well, they are performing ultrabooks available. And getting a Microsoft Signature one, will get you a device that is junk free.

Yes, but Microsoft has an opportunity to take the great build quality that you see on the Surface Pro 2 and just make an Ultrabook.

Though I want to see a proper interface to give you a good laptop experience.

But once again, history shows that they won't...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Lenovo holds the patent for the Yoga hinge design.

Oh, I thought you were saying that Lenovo was infringing on patents. I was a little confused <3

Hail Sithis!

Well, they are performing ultrabooks available. And getting a Microsoft Signature one, will get you a device that is junk free.

The only thing holding me back from getting the surface pro 2 is the smaller screen (A little bit due to it not being a laptop form, where you can type while settling the device on your lap). Otherwise it has everything I want, clean design, no junk, build quality... etc.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

The only thing holding me back from getting the surface pro 2 is the smaller screen (A little bit due to it not being a laptop form, where you can type while settling the device on your lap). Otherwise it has everything I want, clean design, no junk, build quality... etc.

Surprisingly, the Surface 2 and Pro 2, you can tap on your lap. This is because of the second angle stand, and an improved stronger magnet keyboard. However, because of the stand going on the back, if you have short legs it might be an issue, and of course, you have to be somewhat careful. If it gets knocked then it may fall. But normally it won't.

I guess it depends on where you plan to type on your lap.

The screen size will depends on the DPI setting you set, and your eyes. I can see it perfectly fine at 100% DPI. I do zoom in on occasion, which you can with all the programs i use (Visual Studio, Office apps, WebMatrix, and Firefox), but normally I don't.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Isn't that cute. Microsoft still thinks Windows RT is relevant.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Isn't that cute. Microsoft still thinks Windows RT is relevant.

Well in Microsoft defense, what do you do mostly on tablets or smartphones?

Windows RT gives you have a:

-> full fledged web browser, IE 11, which is actually pretty decent (about time), and honestly, I hate saying this, but Chrome and Firefox SUCKS on a touch screen. Forget the GUI, I mean for some reason scrolling with the scroll bar or scroll wheel on a mouse: no problem. But with your finger or zooming, it's choppy. In the case of Firefox, it's a bit better with teh alpha built, but it's buggy, and crashes a lot.

-> IE11 has Flash plug-in support (all other tablets (non-Windows) don't support Flash)

-> As well as the following: full powerful file manager system, XBox Music (unlimited download and stream service, second largest (right behind iTunes) music library, and Office which includes Outlook and OneNote.

I mean it covers pretty much everything. Windows 8 Apps are coming. Slow but coming. VLC is going show up soon (currently in Beta), and you have the basic programs a person can need like a Adobe Reader (despite having a PDF reader app already in Windows 8, AND a Word being able to reader and write PDFs). Facebook app is there, if I am not mistaken.

So yea.... in there defense, it's pretty good. Got its up and downs.