Squad based shooter games

ShebuAli
Go to solution Solved by Montana One-Six,
10 hours ago, ShebuAli said:

Conflict desert storm

Damn, now that's something I haven't heard in a long time. Loved that game back then.

Singleplayer:

Ghost Recon series especially the older ones up to Advanced Warfighter 2 (which are more hardcore than Conflict Desert Storm and 1st person)

The newer stuff is more casual and only Wildlands and Future Soldier are worth it imo.

Rainbow Six series pretty much anything before Rainbow Six Siege (also more hardcore and 1st person)

SWAT4 also more hardcore and 1st Person

ARMA series also more hardcore 1st and 3rd person

Coop:

Insurgency / Insurgency Sandstorm more hardcore and 1st person

Multiplayer:

Squad more hardcore and 1st person

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam more hardcore and 1st person

I am looking for game recommendations, I am looking for games similar to Conflict desert storm series which must have the squad based mechanics of the series, comment any game you recommend, from 2001 onwards.

Rainbow six series is a squad based FPS.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Literally Squad

2E105B3E-83C1-4B2E-A277-0A55B1363BF7.thumb.jpeg.5e097e692b27f473b9a66f4553f57692.jpeg

I can’t think of a more squad based shooter than squad 

maybe Arma III if you’re really hard into milsim but squad is a slightly more casual setting

you still got the realism but without the standing around being briefed for 45 minutes and everyone spending another hour gearing up, squad is just drop in and start playing 

10 hours ago, ShebuAli said:

Conflict desert storm

Damn, now that's something I haven't heard in a long time. Loved that game back then.

Singleplayer:

Ghost Recon series especially the older ones up to Advanced Warfighter 2 (which are more hardcore than Conflict Desert Storm and 1st person)

The newer stuff is more casual and only Wildlands and Future Soldier are worth it imo.

Rainbow Six series pretty much anything before Rainbow Six Siege (also more hardcore and 1st person)

SWAT4 also more hardcore and 1st Person

Coop:

Multiplayer:

Squad more hardcore and 1st person

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam more hardcore and 1st person

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

If you're specifically after the 'squad' command part of Desert Storm, you could also look at Star Wars: Republic Commando. It's pretty old, but it had a similar feel in terms of single player/squad shooter tactics

On 10/17/2021 at 1:46 AM, ShebuAli said:

I am looking for game recommendations, I am looking for games similar to Conflict desert storm series which must have the squad based mechanics of the series, comment any game you recommend, from 2001 onwards.

Do you have people to play with already or you want to jump into something new solo? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 10/21/2021 at 4:36 AM, Gohardgrandpa said:

Do you have people to play with already or you want to jump into something new solo? 

solo, i prefer offline singleplayer.