P106-100: Error 10 Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API

Bitter

Alright, so I got a 2nd hand P106-100 (and a 90 but it seems 100% dead) for a decent price but I'm running into this issue. Running Windows 10 64Bit and Nvidia drivers 496.13. Physically the card looks fine, nothing burnt, missing or damaged except a little sag at the power connector. GPU-Z is showing 0mhz but does see the card and can ID it as a GALAXY brand card. My next step was going to be to try to flash on a clean BIOS but I'm having a hard time getting a solid ID on this card. I was hoping someone could lend a hand so I can try to locate the correct BIOS for it. Since I don't know the history of the card I can't confirm if what GPU-Z ID's it as is actually correct or not, I did physically confirm it is a P106-100 die on the card.

EDIT: Found a missing SMD cap, C708. Anyone know how to ID the value of the cap to try to replace it? There's a little solder pad left on one side that might be able to make contact and I think I can get it to work. I'm willing to try!

20211016_131439.jpg

I have a Fluke 88V here at home with some fine leads I can touch small stuff with but I'm not familiar with measuring caps. I think they need to be removed from the circuit to measure them and I'm not sure that the ones around it that are the same size are all the same value. I don't particularly fancy desoldering a bunch of caps to measure them and find out they're all different values and look identical. I know this is a long shot.

So I looked at my other P106-100 and the board layout isn't even close to the same. Anyone know if I could just bridge that connection to see if the card works then figure out desoldering one next to it (C737) to get a value to install on C708?

Is there a better place I should be asking about board repair?

I would assume that the 737 and 708 are similar if not same in value. I think your best bet would be to desolder the 737, check the value and buy another of those. If the card works at all with it literally missing it should be fine with a cap of a barely different value if it isn't exactly the same. 

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I would assume that the 737 and 708 are similar if not same in value. I think your best bet would be to desolder the 737, check the value and buy another of those. If the card works at all with it literally missing it should be fine with a cap of a barely different value if it isn't exactly the same. 

I'll have to do that. It almost works. It's got enough to ID itself on the system but nothing more since windows won't let it start. NHOS doesn't see it, Ubuntu still STILL has the bug where it insists to run xserver on the card even though my primary display is the Vega GPU in the APU. For just testing I'll be using Windows 10 for ease of use right now.