What to upgrade, help needed.

jvirocel

Budget (including currency): I have 5000php(100usd) I can save a month for PC upgrades

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1080p Gaming with streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

10700 non-k (stock cooler)

Asus tuf b460 plus wifi

MSI r7 370

Samsung evo plus 500GB

8GB Crucial Ballistix CL16 3600mhz (1x8)

Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm

Aerocool Strike-X 800w

A single 120mm Case fan.

I can only upgrade parts one by one, what do you think should I upgrade and what do you suggest should I upgrade it to. I would prefer if you would list it in order of upgrading first to last.

Thank you so much

i would upgrade the ram, get another identical one and stick it in there.

then get a fan if your getting heat problems (what are the temps?)

save up for a 7 months and get a new gpu.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

54 minutes ago, adarw said:

i would upgrade the ram, get another identical one and stick it in there.

then get a fan if your getting heat problems (what are the temps?)

save up for a 7 months and get a new gpu.

Yes, like he said. Start with upgrading RAM. Get another same 8GB stick or sell the 8GB and get a 16GB dual kit.

You also need more than 1 fan I think. You can get fans for as cheap as $5 or you can choose to spend more if you want RGB.

GPU is a nice upgrade after that, I'm just not sure if your PSU can handle RTX 3000 cards or AMD RX 6000 cards, since it's a bit older and not always a trusted brand.

1 hour ago, jvirocel said:

Budget (including currency): I have 5000php(100usd) I can save a month for PC upgrades

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1080p Gaming with streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

10700 non-k (stock cooler)

Asus tuf b460 plus wifi

MSI r7 370

Samsung evo plus 500GB

8GB Crucial Ballistix CL16 3600mhz (1x8)

Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm

Aerocool Strike-X 800w

A single 120mm Case fan.

I can only upgrade parts one by one, what do you think should I upgrade and what do you suggest should I upgrade it to. I would prefer if you would list it in order of upgrading first to last.

Thank you so much

Absolutely upgrade ram now, single channel cripples your cpu performance, even makes some games unplayable in some cases

Then upgrade your cpu cooler to whatever cheap 4 heatpipe tower cooling you can find for 20$ or lower, since its asia theres quite alot of chinese stuff on the pc market and they tend to be pretty good value

Once you have upgraded the cooler follow this to unlock power limits so your cpu performs at its best

Spoiler

Short tdp limit yeet tutorial to make your cpu boost as much as it wants

download throttlestop, pressing the turn on button, going into the tpl menu, set turbo long, short, and pp0 current to 99999 and shove the sliders all the way to the right, clamp, lock, apply, power limits yeeted

For free upgrades you can overclock your ram and gpu (ram freq is capped on b460 so adjust timings if youve hit the cap)