Looking to upgrade in the next few days just don鈥檛 know what to upgrade

StonerNixon

Budget (including currency):聽250$ CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽streaming apex legends with the boys 馃槈

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): my existing build is a acer motherboard crappy as hell with a core i7 6700 NON k with 8 gigs of no name ram I believe 1300mhz , with a 120 gb ssd and a 1tb older WD blue. The graphics card is a power colour red dragon rx580 4gb and it鈥檚 all loaded in an antec 900 case. I play using my 4K smart tv and a crappy Samsung monitor. The tv is at 60mhz and same with the monitor. I would like to maybe upgrade the monitor to a higher refresh rate , but I don鈥檛 know I should upgrade anything else before? I don鈥檛 know how long it will be before I will be able to upgrade again , but it鈥檚 like a once in a few months thing for me, because I am extremely poor 馃槙

You aren't gonna get much for this budget, but you can probably get a 144Hz 1080p monitor (used would probably be a good idea) and it's probably a decent idea to upgrade to 16GB of RAM. You should be able to get this done in this budget, but then again I'm in the states, my market probably much different than yours, and you might have a harder time getting all these parts for a good price than I would.

9 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

Budget (including currency):聽250$ CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽streaming apex legends with the boys 馃槈

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): my existing build is a acer motherboard crappy as hell with a core i7 6700 NON k with 8 gigs of no name ram I believe 1300mhz , with a 120 gb ssd and a 1tb older WD blue. The graphics card is a power colour red dragon rx580 4gb and it鈥檚 all loaded in an antec 900 case. I play using my 4K smart tv and a crappy Samsung monitor. The tv is at 60mhz and same with the monitor. I would like to maybe upgrade the monitor to a higher refresh rate , but I don鈥檛 know I should upgrade anything else before? I don鈥檛 know how long it will be before I will be able to upgrade again , but it鈥檚 like a once in a few months thing for me, because I am extremely poor 馃槙

Buy 8gigs ram and maybe upgrade the board to an asrock z170 (flash bios to an older verision for bclk ocing)

I7 6700 is still a gaming beast for low to medium settings in games. If there are nothing wrong with your motherboard just keep using it.

The main thing holding your system back is the RAM. Get yourself another 8gbs stick to run dual channel mode and saving for a larger 500gb SSD of your choice. Your system should be good for another 3-4 years.