New Computer for a Friend

Arownic

Budget (including currency): $1800 USD (willing to go 50$ more if nessescary)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Sims 4, Minecraft, and any other popular e-sports game. This also will be used for streaming/recording

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vFxMRT (Possibly going to get the gpu on ebay as it seems a bit cheaper on there for a rtx 3060)
They have only a phone to play games, and are wanting something actually worth it to buy.

They will need a mouse and keyboard (gaming type, reputable brands)
At a minimum 120hz refresh rate, 5ms at max
They'd prefer 1080p or 1440p (two of the same monitor)

The problem right now is GPUs are so overpriced atm that “worth it” is really hard if a discrete gpu is involved.  I see a lot of people going with 5600g and 5700g with no video card. It’s a pretty unbalanced system for gaming as IGPs max out at 1080p low.  One option might be to get a 1440p monitor but run everything at 720p (which 1440p monitors are good at) until prices on GPUs come down.  Then run at 1440p once a discrete card is in place.  Would be a far less than $1800 machine.  Would effectively become two purchases.  The machine now, and a video card later.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

$1800 is a little difficult to do right now, with 2 monitors.

I would recommend just getting the one, and using their phone/tablet to monitor their streams (or just save up a little more, and get that second monitor).

This is what I would recommend. That 500GB HDD wouldn't have been worth it, since 2TB isn't that much more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xZ6z2V

This is with 2 monitors, but you're losing the aftermarket cpu cooler (which will help, especially in cooling the cpu during gaming & recording, as well as the video editing) and half the RAM.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gJYGK3

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

3 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

$1800 is a little difficult to do right now, with 2 monitors.

I would recommend just getting the one, and using their phone/tablet to monitor their streams (or just save up a little more, and get that second monitor).

This is what I would recommend. That 500GB HDD wouldn't have been worth it, since 2TB isn't that much more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xZ6z2V

This is with 2 monitors, but you're losing the aftermarket cpu cooler (which will help, especially in cooling the cpu during gaming & recording, as well as the video editing) and half the RAM.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gJYGK3

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VkXrTJ

different case and keyboard (less expensive) to make room for a cheap but good aftermarket cooler (vetroo v5)

But @GeorgeMKanemade a great list, I would go for that at this pricepoint. If you spend less on the GPU maybe (used 3060 or maybe a used 2070 or 1080/980), then you could make room for a better cooling solution

I looked at lists linked here, Why would anyone want to buy 3060, While 6600XT is cheaper and better? U can easily get new 6600XT for 600USD on ebay and if u try to get used, Bellow 600USD. So don't pay extra for 3060...

Also,  5600G in a list with GPU... No comment here 😄

Here is what you should really build

Gets you better CPU

Better Motherboard

Good Cooler

Much faster RAM (You can't utilize 32GB, But getting slow 32GB will mean loosing good amount of FPS)

Much better storage configuration, Yeah believe it or not, SN750 SE is good Gen 4 SSD, That's also cheap at time being and this system can utilize it. 

Montech Air 100 - Better Case with 4 good Fan.

And leaves you with money you can get 6600XT with.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($259.99 @ Adorama) 
CPU Cooler: Vetroo V5 52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($57.57 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 SE 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.84 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: MSI Optix G241 23.8" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($179.99 @ B&H) 
Monitor: MSI Optix G241 23.8" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($179.99 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($45.11 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 3 Wired Optical Mouse  ($29.88 @ Amazon) 
Custom: Montech AIR 100 ARGB Micro-ATX Tower with Four ARGB Fans Pre Installed, Ultra-Minimalist Design, Fine Mesh Front Panel, High Airflow, Unique Side Swivel Tempered Glass, Dust Protection, Black  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1180.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-14 06:32 EDT-0400

By the way, I found this combo on Newegg. Get it and sell motherboard for something like 70USD, You'll end up with 6600XT for only 550USD and that's a good deal for current market.

Motherboard with this combo ain't very good and I don't recommend building system with it 😄 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.4363114

36 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I looked at lists linked here, Why would anyone want to buy 3060, While 6600XT is cheaper and better? U can easily get new 6600XT for 600USD on ebay and if u try to get used, Bellow 600USD. So don't pay extra for 3060...

Completly agree, I totally overlocked the 6600 XT or even non XT, good 1080p cards!

37 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Much faster RAM (You can't utilize 32GB, But getting slow 32GB will mean loosing good amount of FPS)

Much better storage configuration, Yeah believe it or not, SN750 SE is good Gen 4 SSD, That's also cheap at time being and this system can utilize it. 

I also agree on the Ram, rather fast 16GB Ram then slow 32GB Ram that you won't utilize. And if you are slow, get a kit with the same or slightly better timings, it'll automatically match your current kit in most scenarios and thats why you have 4 slots on the board.

With storage I also agree, BUT the SN750 is really a Gen4 drive, it only has 3600MB/s so you may get direct storage but not the real Gen4 drive speeds of up to 7200MB/s. Thats the SN850.

Other than that, I agree!

11 minutes ago, KKLawrence said:

With storage I also agree, BUT the SN750 is really a Gen4 drive, it only has 3600MB/s so you may get direct storage but not the real Gen4 drive speeds of up to 7200MB/s. Thats the SN850.

It's SN750 SE, Yes, And I didn't look at it firstly, But Gen 3 SN750 might be better option in the end 😄