Story time. No matter how safe you think you are you could still get viruses.

20 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

No, to be honest I didn't really think about it. I only use the computer for gaming and video editing. I don't download anything other than games from legit launchers like Steam and GOG. I use it for media consumption too, but I typically stream with HBO Max or Netflix and watch YouTube. I use an adblock as well as have Malwarebytes browser guard. I used to run a scan once a month and after several of it not finding anything I kind of spaced it. I plan to do scans once a month or twice a month from now on like I used to.

I guess that makes sense... i mean I said I make full scan every month,  but I think tbh its less, I don't really have a schedule for this, so maybe every two months ... but i really scan everything i download  -- except games from the big storefronts like steam etc  -- while these can contain viruses,  that would come out really quickly,  i suppose.

But im downloading a lot of mods and stuff, they often need other prerequisites from github, etc or runtime libraries,  or just stuff from random sites really  and that's why I have this strict rule of scanning everything with MWB... *even though it never found anything lol... i mean its really quick,  like 5-10 seconds for most files ... i stopped doing that with defender,  for obvious reasons,  way too many false positives , just because its something "new"... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity