Forced Windows account login titling my user folder something I don't want, how to change?

Gaijin

Seriously Microsoft, you are pushing it these days.

Step 1- Strip me of the choice to install the new OS with a local account only.

Step 2- Name the default User of the OS install based off of my outlook account's first few characters, which of course could be anything.

Step 3- Don't ask me what I would like to name my User.

There are some words Microsoft deserves for this cluster**** that would get me banned.

I tried following this guide (https://xpertstec.com/how-to-change-username-in-windows-11/) (seriously, does anyone else find installing a fresh Windows OS these days requires A LOT of googling right after?) but nothing is changing the name in my C:/ Users folder, it's still that stupid 'name' I didn't choose. I tried every method, all the way down to command prompt. It tells me 'no instances available'. Anyone know what I should do?

Satya Nadella is an awful, awful CEO who puts out extremely invasive products. Maybe Phil should be put in charge of Microsoft as a whole.

5 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-microsoft-local-account/

I tried following this guide (https://xpertstec.com/how-to-change-username-in-windows-11/) (seriously, does anyone else find installing a fresh Windows OS these days requires A LOT of googling right after?) but nothing is changing the name in my C:/ Users folder, it's still that stupid 'name' I didn't choose. I tried every method, all the way down to command prompt. It tells me 'no instances available'. Anyone know what I should do?

I think people caring about this isn't as widespread as you think it is. I don't really have to google anything.

Satya Nadella is an awful, awful CEO who puts out extremely invasive products. Maybe Phil should be put in charge of Microsoft as a whole.

You seem to have a lot of anger, its just software. Maybe find some outlets for that?

16 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Step 2- Name the default User of the OS install based off of my outlook account's first few characters, which of course could be anything.

Step 3- Don't ask me what I would like to name my User.

There are some words Microsoft deserves for this cluster**** that would get me banned.

30 seconds on google would have told you how to solve all of this.

8 minutes ago, rickeo said:

So what am I doing with this? I want my admin account, not to create multiple accounts

I think people caring about this isn't as widespread as you think it is.

Yeah I'm sure no one cares about having to login with an outlook account, which then screws up your user folder name automatically.

I don't really have to google anything.

You leave all the analytics on like a good little boy, eh. Master Chief thanks you Rickeo!

You seem to have a lot of anger, its just software. Maybe find some outlets for that?

It's bad and invasive software, hence my anger. Sowwy I insulted the Masta Chwif boys Rickeo, very sorry.

1 minute ago, whispous said:

30 seconds on google would have told you how to solve all of this.

How do you think I found the guide? Guessing the URL?

So no, it didn't. Perhaps you can illuminate if it is so obvious?

Just now, Gaijin said:

How do you think I found the guide? Guessing the URL?

So no, it didn't. Perhaps you can illuminate if it is so obvious?

Well it sounds like you did exactly what you didn't want to do in spite of there being solutions.

Just now, whispous said:

Well it sounds like you did exactly what you didn't want to do in spite of there being solutions.

No, I didn't. Because nothing changed. What I don't want is already the case, so how can my involvement have made it what it already was?

Seriously, if the solution is so incredibly simple, what is it? What did following that whole guide fail to illuminate me on?

You said microsoft forces you to link to a microsoft account and doesn't let you name your own account.

2 minutes ago, whispous said:

You said microsoft forces you to link to a microsoft account and doesn't let you name your own account.

Correct?

Just now, Gaijin said:

Correct?

So you raged at the requirement, and went along with it anyway, when 30 seconds on google would have told you how to bypass it.

25 minutes ago, whispous said:

So you raged at the requirement, and went along with it anyway, when 30 seconds on google would have told you how to bypass it.

You got a special install where you were able to pull up a web browser without an OS even installed? Wow that's cool.

Here's an idea. Don't deliberately obfuscate anything so people don't have to google nonsense to find out how you tricked them. Which apparently;

46 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I don't really have to google anything.

Isn't even a thing.

Trolls are the worst.

Now I have a random Default User 0 folder in users I have to google to figure out what the hell it's doing there! Nadella needs to go, awful git.

1 minute ago, Gaijin said:

Trolls are the worst.

Bud, I, like I do here every day, legitimately tried to help you but your attitude and outlook on the whole situation is just toxic. I would really try to look into some help if an operating system is getting you this upset. 

Good luck.

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

Bud, I, like I do here every day, legitimately tried to help you but your attitude and outlook on the whole situation is just toxic. I would really try to look into some help if an operating system is getting you this upset. 

Good luck.

Nah, you tried to gaslight me into thinking only I care about this issue, and only I could possibly be angry about it. Which is very toxic and underhanded and abusive behaviour, has anyone ever told you to seek help for your manipulative tendencies? Keep defending your favouritist brand, the rest of us want these techbros to ship competent products and stop trying to trick people into nonsense so they can stripmine their users entire existence.

Good luck.