Which AMD chipsets come out of the box with support for Ryzen 5?

I am planning to build a PC with a Ryzen 5600x, but in my country most motherboards say that are meant originally for Ryzen 3. Some sites even specify that, others dont. Which CHipset/motherboard can I buy that I can be sure I will be able to stick the 5600X in it without having an extra Ryzen 3000. Motherboards with BIOS flash utilities are probably beyond my budget. 

The only two modern chipsets are B550 and X570. Ultimately you have no idea if what you're buying had been sitting in a warehouse for months and doesn't have a Ryzen 5000 compatible BIOS.

So, you either only buy boards with USB BIOS flashing capability or you just risk it.

Personally, I'll only buy boards with USB flashing capability, it takes 5 minutes and you're done.

AFAIK, only B550 and x570S

There are many cheap B450 boards with bios flashback, even cheaper than b550 or x570s options.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

Well regardless of which chipset you choose you still should look at the box and see if it says Ryzen 5000 ready. Or the web page if you order online.

Even X570 was released before Ryzen 5000 was but if the board have updated BIOS it will have a sticker on saying Ryzen 5000 ready.

The only chipset that may be compatible without update is B550 but I'm not sure which came first; the chicken or the egg...

Technically, only the X570S is certain to work as it's the only one released after the 5000 series launched. Even X570 and B550 would need the updated BIOS. 

That said, unless the board's been sitting in a warehouse for ages, it will have a supported BIOS installed. Even the 400 series chipsets are fine at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Technically, only the X570S is certain to work as it's the only one released after the 5000 series launched. Even X570 and B550 would need the updated BIOS. 

That said, unless the board's been sitting in a warehouse for ages, it will have a supported BIOS installed. Even the 400 series chipsets are fine at this point. 

I would bet these motherboards are been sitting in a warehouse for ages. I will look into motherboards prices with Bios flashback then. 

5 minutes ago, igormp said:

AFAIK, only B550 and x570S

There are many cheap B450 boards with bios flashback, even cheaper than b550 or x570s options.

only x570s

B550 came out pre ryzen 5000, you can not gaurentee the board you bought will come with ryzen 5000 support without a bios flash

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, aleamaro791 said:

I would bet this motherboard are been sitting in a warehouse for edges. I will look into motherboards prices with Bios flashback then. 

I really wouldn't worry about it. You'll be hard pressed to find a 500 series chipset board that doesn't have a BIOS supporting the Ryzen 5000. Considering the chip shortage and how everything sold out, I doubt there are many motherboards that have been sitting in a store room for long at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I really wouldn't worry about it. You'll be hard pressed to find a 500 series chipset board that doesn't have a BIOS supporting the Ryzen 5000. Considering the chip shortage and how everything sold out, I doubt there are many motherboards that have been sitting in a store room for long at this point. 

Well, here in Mexico there are in stock 3060Ti, 3060 and 6660XTs, expensive, but no more than in the US. So, there is a chip shortage, but less money to buy computer parts. I am not Mexican, so I don't really know that well online retail stores and consumer behaviour here, but I would bet they bought those in China in bulk and probably they have no BIOS update. Too risky. 

8 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

X470 might have a supported BIOS installed, but B450 will not. Support on B450 is through a "Beta BIOS" which does officially support 5000 series, but also removes support for older generations of processors. As the mainline BIOS does not offer 5000 series, B450 boards will not ship with 5000 series support.

2 minutes ago, aleamaro791 said:

Well, here in Mexico there are in stock 3060Ti, 3060 and 6660XTs, expensive, but no more than in the US. So, there is a chip shortage, but less money to buy computer parts. I am not Mexican, so I don't really know at that well online retail stores and consumer behaviour here, but I would bet they bought those in China in bulk and probably they have no BIOS update. 

It's up to you really. I'd be surprised for basically any 500 series chipset board available today to not have the updated BIOS already on it. 

BIOS Flashback's a good feature to have anyway, so it's not money wasted. 

Just now, YoungBlade said:

X470 might have a supported BIOS installed, but B450 will not. Support on B450 is through a "Beta BIOS" which does officially support 5000 series, but also removes support for older generations of processors. As the mainline BIOS does not offer 5000 series, B450 boards will not ship with 5000 series support.

Many b450-boards have newer versions out with more space for bios. B450 Tomahawk max has support for 5000-series without beta bios.

5 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Support on B450 is through a "Beta BIOS"

Nope. This is false. My Asus B450 have support for Ryzen 5000 with official BIOS. There was a beta BIOS but that's a long time ago and there have been several updates since. The last 2 BIOS updates are for Windows 11 (enable TPM and secure boot by default mostly).

People new to this get really bent out of shape and worried about having to do a USB Bios update but it really is so simple. If the board supports that feature, like all the B550 STRIX boards for example, you have nothing to worry about.