PC Exploded... TWICE

AngelOfBodom

Hi everyone

So I gifted my friend a new PCIE wifi card for his birthday... easy enough to install. Evidently, he noticed that the fans weren't on, plugged the molex back into place, turned in on, and heard a spark sound. His 3600X and OS SSD were dead.

I gave him a couple my spare parts (7600k/z170 mobo). Tested it at my place (with all the same hardware), got a new ssd, running 100% here. Drop it off and less than 30 minutes later he's sayin the same thing happened. 

Anyone have any idea on what we should focus on/take a closer look at? I'm at a loss considering all the troubleshooting just for the same damn thing to happen. 

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Thats prob his house having unstable or shoddy power that causes sht to start malfuctioning or outright die

Get a ups

My bad... it was on a UPS. I know their house is older but christ never heard of this type of thing happening ever

5 minutes ago, AngelOfBodom said:

My bad... it was on a UPS. I know their house is older but christ never heard of this type of thing happening ever

Well ive also never heard of this sht happening

Maybe the psu on both of them miracolously blew up, btw what psus are in both pcs?

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well ive also never heard of this sht happening

Maybe the psu on both of them miracolously blew up, btw what psus are in both pcs?

it was the same psu. Corsair RM 750X. you might be right and is for whatever reason psu related. i got it running at my place but it could've been some sort of fluke... It's just hard to believe all this started because he tried to refit the molex cable used to power the case's fan hub.