My Core Hotspot Temps are over 105, should i RMA my RTX3090

Ephreal

Hi

As the title says. I am hitting 105,6°C on the Hot Spot sensor while only 72.2 on the Core sensor.

It's and INNO3D iCHILL IE it comes with a waterblock attached. Should I RMA my card. I do not think i've had any problems with it.

image.png.60af61788ceac41ec4d87ff673470302.png

Regards

12 hours ago, Ephreal said:

Hi

As the title says. I am hitting 105,6°C on the Hot Spot sensor while only 72.2 on the Core sensor.

It's and INNO3D iCHILL IE it comes with a waterblock attached. Should I RMA my card. I do not think i've had any problems with it.

image.png.60af61788ceac41ec4d87ff673470302.png

Regards

You can RMA it.

If you're comfortable, you can disassemble it and post a picture of the thermal pad and thermal paste on the CORE side of the card, both PCB and heatsink or in two pictures.

That hotspot being that high is almost 100% a missing, damaged or too thin VRM (not VRAM, but VRM) thermal pad causing it.  However it could also be part of the core has bad thermal paste or balance.

The hard thing is that "Core Hotspot" is the hottest of the hotspot areas on *BOTH* the core *AND* VRM's so its often difficult to determine what's causing that.

But at 350W power draw and 77C...it could be either.  Your call on what you want to do.  If you are not comfortable disassembling the card, just RMA it.

Is there a way to see if my card is thermal throttling. because i do think the frequency i get is ok, which is also a bit odd since I've heard that it would start to throttle at around 90