Gigabyte 3070Ti memory temps, question, + bykski waterblock? (Made the Waterblock Work)

Johetan

Hej folks, 

I got myself a 3070ti for a good price a few months ago, 

Yesterday I tried swapping the Cooler with a waterblock from bykski. 

That was a terrible idea as the fit on my card is horrible. It bends the whole card because the screws on the Slot are squished against the acrylic. 

Then I changed back to the original cooler. I had to use new pads, so I measured with a gauge, one with the lots of metal sheets stacked - got a approx 1.9 on vram and about 1.3 vrms, replaced with new pads, 2mm on ram, 1.5 on vrms. 

Now I get memory temps in the 90s, Is this normal? 

And does anyone have a good waterblock recommendation? 

All the best, 

Johetan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 3:15 PM, Johetan said:

Hej folks, 

I got myself a 3070ti for a good price a few months ago, 

Yesterday I tried swapping the Cooler with a waterblock from bykski. 

That was a terrible idea as the fit on my card is horrible. It bends the whole card because the screws on the Slot are squished against the acrylic. 

Then I changed back to the original cooler. I had to use new pads, so I measured with a gauge, one with the lots of metal sheets stacked - got a approx 1.9 on vram and about 1.3 vrms, replaced with new pads, 2mm on ram, 1.5 on vrms. 

Now I get memory temps in the 90s, Is this normal? 

And does anyone have a good waterblock recommendation? 

All the best, 

Johetan

I’m guessing you’re using thermalright…those are too rigid.

Try gelid extreme 1.5 for the vrams. And use 1mm for the vrms and caps. I forget. But those are the pads i used for my 3070 non Ti. I’m guessing they’d be The same???

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! Sorry for not checking in earlier. 

I kept the Bykski Cooler - I was not shure about wether or not I should cool the Inductors - The Manual for the Waterblock says  the following parts need cooling. 

All that is marked red needs cooling according to bykski - blue does not make contact at all. 

I am concerned because on the original cooler the inductors do get a pad and cooling. 

3070TIFront.thumb.png.c9f4bc1c55e5d079824cd05876ba7005.png

Ill try some softer Pads for the Memory - hard to come by, but should be manageable.

I just ordered new pads, which where tested "okayisch" by igorslab. 

Now the journey continues - as mentioned above, the bykski block had some fitting issues - so now there is option two. 

As you see on the block, where the PCIE Slot Shield Thing Screws dug into the acrylic - hence the bending - I will attempt to sand off the edge and (mildly) flame polisch the acrylic afterwards, it seems alright, as this part of the block neither holds water nor is it in any way structural. 

Screwmarks are clearly visible. 

screwmarks.thumb.jpg.f743a5f5297fdb4dfc6c97ffc03b82fd.jpg

On 10/15/2021 at 9:56 PM, Chrismike said:

I’m guessing you’re using thermalright…those are too rigid.

Try gelid extreme 1.5 for the vrams. And use 1mm for the vrms and caps. I forget. But those are the pads i used for my 3070 non Ti. I’m guessing they’d be The same???

I did use the pads that came with the bykski block, that did not work out. 

Today the new Thermalpads Arrived, now i Use alphacool. 

With the Waterblock, which i had to modify to make it work - i now get temps in low 50 on RAM and low 60 on hotspot die. (while benchmarking Shadow of the Tomb Raider in 3440*1440)

Works for me. 

Problem:

Schrauben_Acryl_Slotblende.thumb.jpg.c94e13eb4a144c88125dd3a7b456f6d6.jpg

Solution

1399981347_Acryl_Ausgefrst.thumb.jpg.22d161726ffb2f07cb19ca00d07201b4.jpg