Gpu is running at 8x 3.0 instead of 16x 3.0

Can anyone please help me with this? I have an ASRock B450 pro4-f motherboard with r5 2600x and a msi rx 570 8gb gpu. I have no SSD just two HDDs. But for some reason my gpu is running at 8x 3.0 instead of 16x 3.0. I'm just hoping nothing is faulty here. And yes I have put the gpu in the 16x slot. I have also reseated my gpu and cpu. I have never updated bios before so I'm a bit nervous about that and I don't know if motherboard has a backup bios if anything goes wrong. Not too sure if it would solve the problem. I have given the bios settings in the attached image. I have updated the graphics card driver twice and also ddu it once. So I don't Think it's a gpu driver issue.

IMG_20211002_142754.jpg

Uh, how do you know that your GPU is running at x8? From GPU-Z?

Can you post some more information? Maybe HWiNFO report?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I don't have hw monitor installed I know it from amd driver and GPU-Z

Bug 1.jpg

gpu z.jpg

Hmm... This is a bit of a problem. This could be that your GPU PCIe controller faulty, damage to the slot, or something that causes some of the traces of PCIe between CPU and GPU to have poor connection.

Anyway, here's a few thing you can try to determine if it is your GPU at fault or motherboard.

If you have a good GPU (even if it is old), try to replace and see if it can run at x16. If it can run at x16, then your GPU PCIe controller may have issue. If the old GPU still run at x8, could be your motherboard problem or the slot problem.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have an extra gpu to test it 😥