Can I put a displayarm onto a display wallmount without having to fear that it falls down?

JayBe
Go to solution Solved by JayBe,

So, i just bought the Monitor and a new Deskarm with a height of 80cm in the hopes, that it all fits as i want it 😄

Hey guys,

i currently have 2 Displays hung up to the wall with this wallmount:

https://amzn.to/3idiOuz

(if a translation is needed i will gladly translate it)

Now i want to have a third monitor, but due to different reasons, i want to put it above my secondary display. I thought about using a standard displayarm (like this one https://amzn.to/2Y71ujY) and screw it onto the wall mount arms.

But since the connection plates on the displayarm are quite massive, since its supposed to be screwed onto a table, im concerned whether or not this works as i think it would.

Any suggestions on other arms, that maybe are supposed to do exactly what i want, are highly appreciated as i didnt find anything else.

Thanks in advance!

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Is there any reason why you can't buy another one of the first wallmount? 

Just now, MomoJojo said:

Is there any reason why you can't buy another one of the first wallmount? 

Yes there is, cause i dont have the space to put up a third wallmount.

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

I wouldn't advise you do it, those monitor arms are quite heavy. How were you planning on attaching the arm to the mount, anyway?

If you're hell-bent on doing it, I'd make sure the wallmount the arm is going to be attached to is screwed to the wall with 4 inch screws and plugs - that's a lot of weight on one mount.

8 minutes ago, MomoJojo said:

How were you planning on attaching the arm to the mount, anyway?

Here's a simple paint illustration on what my plan is/was, lmao:
grafik.thumb.png.1b975b34e3cadbede1af051c2da79536.png

8 minutes ago, MomoJojo said:

that's a lot of weight on one mount.

Well, the wallmount is set to have a capacity of 40kg.
My secondary display weighs around 5kg, the third monitor that i have in mind is around 4kg and the bontec arm is around 4kg as well.
So that makes around 13kg on a wallmount that is supposed to hold 40kg without any problem.

Soooo... the weight shouldnt be a problem, right?

6 minutes ago, JayBe said:

Soooo... the weight shouldnt be a problem, right?

would very much not recommend it. no weight isn't the problem, balance might be, but mounting a clamp that is designed to be on a solid desk to a different monitor arm is asking for disaster.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

would very much not recommend it. no wight isn't the problem, but mounting a clamp that is designed to be on a solid desk to a different monitor arm is asking for disaster.

Ye, thats what i thought, but  i wasnt sure enough, which is why i asked for help here 😄

Is there any kind of mounting system that would be better to use in this scenario? or do i have to stick with the good'ol wallmounts or mount it to my desk if i want a third monitor?

So, i just bought the Monitor and a new Deskarm with a height of 80cm in the hopes, that it all fits as i want it 😄

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Buy a new wall mount that will accommodate all of them.  Do NOT attach an arm to another arm.  Unless of course, you are the kind of person who likes stacking extension ladders on top of each other to reach even higher.

"Hello, OSHA?"