Repaired Bad Sectors On HDD

SZx72

Can I Use Fully Repaired HDD That Have Bad Sectors Before Like Normal?

Well, depends what is repaired for u.

Physically, they can't be repaired. Bad sectors are like mold or rot on something, you can't just remove the mold and have a perfect repair.

Hard drives always have a few spare sectors in case bad sectors happen (which they eventually do), so the hard drive knows: ok sector X and Y are bad, i am gonna use spare 1 and 2 for that.

But bad sectors are like the beginning of the end for a drive. It increases lifespan a bit but bad sectors will appear faster and faster and eventually the spare sectors will run out. If that happens your drive usually switches to read-only mode so you can recover the data, but it will no longer be usable because it's basically at the end of its lifespan.

If we are talking about data corruption because improper shutdowns, those can be fixed, but that's just the data itself that got messed up.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

48 minutes ago, SZx72 said:

Can I Use Fully Repaired HDD That Have Bad Sectors Before Like Normal?

You can use any hard drive in any state until it breaks.

With any data on any drive in any condition, always have a backup copy somewhere else on a different device.

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Well, depends what is repaired for u.

Physically, they can't be repaired. Bad sectors are like mold or rot on something, you can't just remove the mold and have a perfect repair.

Hard drives always have a few spare sectors in case bad sectors happen (which they eventually do), so the hard drive knows: ok sector X and Y are bad, i am gonna use spare 1 and 2 for that.

But bad sectors are like the beginning of the end for a drive. It increases lifespan a bit but bad sectors will appear faster and faster and eventually the spare sectors will run out. If that happens your drive usually switches to read-only mode so you can recover the data, but it will no longer be usable because it's basically at the end of its lifespan.

If we are talking about data corruption because improper shutdowns, those can be fixed, but that's just the data itself that got messed up.

If I Wiped Entire HDD And Fill It With 0 Using AOMEI Partition Assisstant, Is That Mean My HDD Just Replace The Bad Sectors With The Spares?

5 hours ago, SZx72 said:

If I Wiped Entire HDD And Fill It With 0 Using AOMEI Partition Assisstant, Is That Mean My HDD Just Replace The Bad Sectors With The Spares?

it should yes, if it fails to write that 0 it will kick out that sector and replace it. Not really recommended, especially with how cheap drives are these days but if you really have to, u can do it.

Just know that the drive is reaching the end of its life so regardless what you do now, it will likely die soon and need to be replaced.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon