Help with ProxMox and thinclients

RTX 3090

Hi, just wanted some help regrading some thin clients. 

I have a server (32 core) and want to run lots of Windows and Linux images on it, and I also have around 10-16 thinclients. I want the admin control panel to choose the image for each device, and the thin client should simply act as a HDMI and USB extender, and make the server do all the hard work. Is this possible ? I have the HP thin clients, and they aren't the fastest if you put Windows straight onto them

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

What model thin clients? 

Proxmox really isn't made for this, something like vmware horizon, citrix zen, or rds on windows server will work much better here. 

Whats your budget? Non of these options are cheap, think 10k+ USD in software alone here.

Id just spend the money on faster workstations than setup thin clients for most uses.

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What model thin clients? 

HP T5570 if i recall correctly

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Whats your budget? Non of these options are cheap, think 10k+ USD in software alone here.

ideally open source or free software, which is why I was hoping proxmox would would. I don't mind VMware etc, so long as it is free. The thinclients actually came with VMware installed on them, but I reset them all

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

2 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

HP T5570 if i recall correctly

ideally open source or free software, which is why I was hoping proxmox would would. I don't mind VMware etc, so long as it is free. The thinclients actually came with VMware installed on them, but I reset them all

Ive played with a lot of these solutions, and have yet to find a free way that would work somewhat ok. You can kinda diy it, but its not gonna work well. If you want this to work well, Id just pay for RDS here as it seems like it would be a best solution.