Good Mechanical Keyboard for $60 or Less?

Abdelfattah Radwan

Hello,

I've been using a trash-tier membrane keyboard for quite a while (due to me saving up to purchase other important devices) but I'm beyond done with this piece of utter yak crap.

When I press enter it usually deletes instead, the A key inserts D, the Escape key sometimes randomly triggers and it's just awful. Keep in mind that I NEVER spilled a single drop of liquid on this piece of trash.

Back to the question...

Is there's any "good" mechanical keyboards for $60 or less? any suggestions are highly appreciated.

EDIT: I play video games but I mostly program for very long sessions.

Edited by Abdelfattah Radwan
Added some extra info.

Most of the cheap mechanical keyboards really aren't that bad. I own one of the $30 mechanical keyboards, a 60% layout with full sized arrow keys and fake MX blues. It's definitely not up to the same quality as my K70, and the switches definitely don't feel as good, but it's much nicer than basically every other membrane keyboards out there. I bought it because it was easy to carry around and the membrane keyboards I needed to use back in school were awful. It was a much better alternative, and while you could tell it wasn't $200 nice, I would say it was about 50-60% of the quality and 70% of the typing experience compared to my K70.

Edited by RONOTHAN##

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Most of the cheap mechanical keyboards really aren't that bad. I own one of the $30 mechanical keyboards, a 60% layout with full sized arrow keys and fake MX blues. It's definitely not up to the same quality as my K70, and the switches definitely don't feel as good, but it's much nicer than basically every other membrane keyboards out there. I bought it because it was easy to carry around and the membrane keyboards I needed to use back in school were awful. It was a much better alternative, and while you could tell it wasn't $200 nice, I would say it was about 50-60% of the quality and 70% of the typing experience.

Interesting... Thanks for the info. What keyboard is that?

I was going to recommend the keyboard that I have (Corsair K68 RGB) but unfortunately it is over your $60 budget.  If possible I would recommend that you hang off on your purchase until such time that you can go for something better.

Either way, Good Luck.

2 minutes ago, Abdelfattah Radwan said:

Interesting... Thanks for the info. What keyboard is that?

I can't find the exact one, though I know it's rebranded and sold under at least 10 different brands on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Tenkeyless-Bluetooth-Stand-Alone/dp/B07H3GFJK9/ref=sr_1_36?crid=3OI6ONEVTVHRI&dchild=1&keywords=60%%2Bpercent%2Bkeyboard%2Bmechanical&qid=1632642011&sprefix=60%%2B%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-36&th=1

It was in this exact housing, but didn't have Bluetooth support. There's one that looks very similar for only $25 on there if you're interested. I'm personally not a huge fan of the 60% layout, especially on main PCs, I only really got this for the portablility, and it still retained full sized shift keys and arrow keys.

57 minutes ago, Abdelfattah Radwan said:

Hello,

I've been using a trash-tier membrane keyboard for quite a while (due to me saving up to purchase other important devices) but I'm beyond done with this piece of utter yak crap.

When I press enter it usually deletes instead, the A key inserts D, the Escape key sometimes randomly triggers and it's just awful. Keep in mind that I NEVER spilled a single drop of liquid on this piece of trash.

Back to the question...

Is there's any "good" mechanical keyboards for $60 or less? any suggestions are highly appreciated.

EDIT: I play video games but I mostly program for very long sessions.

Most mechanical keyboards should be better than membrane keyboards I have a 30eur California Access Lizard HD CA-1415HQ, there def are better keyboards for the price, but this one is quite decent, actual rgb, outemu red switches, but it has the cheap switches, so the keycaps can wiggle, but it overall is a lot better than my membrane keyboard

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x