Is this a good deal?

char3327

It has no buy now option. It will depend on the price it goes for.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, char3327 said:

@Levent If I could get it under $50?

Yes. I assume you are good on all other requirements of hosting a server? Your ISP allows port forwarding and doesnt use CGNAT?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, char3327 said:

@Levent If I could get it under $50?

na, it going to be more than that, 

image.png.e2a0e1f29418d9d89d4830bdce8476f2.png 10 watchers already with 5 days until its sold.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Your ISP allows port forwarding and doesnt use CGNAT?

Yep! I have actually hosted a server before but I stopped like 5 years ago...looking to get back into it again...

3 minutes ago, adarw said:

10 watchers already with 5 days until its sold.

Yah we will see...

Just now, char3327 said:

Yep! I have actually hosted a server before but I stopped like 5 years ago...looking to get back into it again...

Just make sure nothing changed on your ISPs side. A lot has changed in the internet infrastructure side of things in the last 6-7 years. Almost everyone uses cgnat nowadays.

10 minutes ago, char3327 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234202811679?hash=item3687934d1f:g:-qoAAOSw2QZhTi2t

Wondering if this would be a good deal for a MC server? Obviously I would need to put an SSD and maybe more ram.

Thoughts?

It's the type of thing you should look for, but getting it for a decent price on eBay is a stretch. Also you probably only need an SSD, unless you're going to have a ton of people on there you probably don't need more than 4GB dedicated to the server, and assuming you are using a Server OS like Ubuntu Server or similar, the only thing running on that machine would be minecraft

1 minute ago, Levent said:

lmost everyone uses cgnat nowadays.

Ok thank you! How does cgnat effect a mc server? sorry for the noob question but i haven't done anything relating to mc server networking in a few years...

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

and assuming you are using a Server OS like Ubuntu Server or similar, the only thing running on that machine would be minecraft

That is the plan! Thanks for your advise... 

30 minutes ago, char3327 said:

Ok thank you! How does cgnat effect a mc server? sorry for the noob question but i haven't done anything relating to mc server networking in a few years...

Basically means you can't host it over IPV4. You will have to pay the isp for a ipv4 address, or use ipv6, or use a anouther server as a relay.