Issues with an AIO (corsair doesnt seem to think so)

Vrael

Hi guys, 

wanting some advice as ive been advised by corsair that these temps are expected but my friends ive spoke to don't seem to think so.

i purchased the H100I RGB PRO XT from Corsair a few weeks ago as was running a stock ryzen prism cooler with my 3800x and wanted to see about cooling it down a bit so i can push it a bit harder, installed it all well and good apart from i had some issues getting the cooler to not pop off of the bracket but realised i was probably just tightening the retention screws too much. my temps didnt at all seem good so i reseated it bought new thermal paste and it really didnt help.

i contacted corsair about the temps i was getting (less then 10% load runnning betwen 43 and 51 degrees celsius) and they said those temps are expected? which i highly doubted but i just let it be as thought it was true but want more opinions now.

my main concern is obviously the temps but also the fact that the pump is showing as running (i know a normal problem for aio's) and the coolant temp barely fluctuates.

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated  

8b84796d21a7bd8258eb0a60590dd5e6.png

206734b6526b328355a9930bed591a35.png

6 minutes ago, Vrael said:

Hi guys, 

wanting some advice as ive been advised by corsair that these temps are expected but my friends ive spoke to don't seem to think so.

i purchased the H100I RGB PRO XT from Corsair a few weeks ago as was running a stock ryzen prism cooler with my 3800x and wanted to see about cooling it down a bit so i can push it a bit harder, installed it all well and good apart from i had some issues getting the cooler to not pop off of the bracket but realised i was probably just tightening the retention screws too much. my temps didnt at all seem good so i reseated it bought new thermal paste and it really didnt help.

i contacted corsair about the temps i was getting (less then 10% load runnning betwen 43 and 51 degrees celsius) and they said those temps are expected? which i highly doubted but i just let it be as thought it was true but want more opinions now.

my main concern is obviously the temps but also the fact that the pump is showing as running (i know a normal problem for aio's) and the coolant temp barely fluctuates.

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated  

8b84796d21a7bd8258eb0a60590dd5e6.png

206734b6526b328355a9930bed591a35.png

Confirm the mounting is good, post a photo of the thermal paste spread on both sides if you want us to check. Coolant temps should not fluctuate, that is the point of water, it can absorb a lot of energy before getting 1 degrees hotter.

Not sure what you're expecting or what your friends are telling you, but 40-50C at idle is expected. It's not LN2. Water can perform better than air, given a decent enough rad size, but you're not going to get freezing temps off it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Ryzen idles hot at stock settings, this is normal. Not to mention there are background tasks running, and 1.4V on one core will get you that 50C "idle" temp with all of the random tasks running. You can get your temps lower by undervolting, if you want to play with OCing.

What are the steady-state temps when the CPU is under load? That's all that really matter at the end of the day.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15