Tripple monitor terrible FPS

Muckery

Hey guys! I wanted to figure something out with my setup. I don't have the most powerfull pc. I run ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super, 32gb ram. I have tripple monitor setup: 2x 4k monitors and one old full hd monitor. My pc is used mainly for work, but ocasionally I run some games on it. I run games on one of my 4k monitors, obviously not in native resolution and lower settings. But if all 3 monitors are active game runs in slideshow mode, even the gpu is not running ant 100%. If I disable my old full hd monitor games run just fine. I don't have an FPS counter, but I don't see any obvious frame drops or any issues that would be distracting. So I was wondering is this normal behaviour for my hardware or is there some sowtware optimization that could be done?

2 minutes ago, Muckery said:

2x 4k monitors and one old full hd monitor.

2 minutes ago, Muckery said:

even the gpu is not running ant 100%

Sounds to me like you're running out of video memory, a 1660 super only has 6GB and you puping out a lot of pixels if your running each screen at full res. One way to test is just simply drop all the monitors to 1080p and see if that makes a difference

You are driving 20 million pixels (10x1080p monitors) with a 1660S. You are running out of GPU processing power, not vram.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Thanks for your answers 😉
I had a hope that running a game and having other displays just running windows didn't put much load on GPU. I asumed if everything runs well with two 4k displays another full hd one wouldn't ruin everything. But I guess the old full hd display was the straw that broke the camel's back 😄 Make sense. Will simply disable one display when playing games