First build, is everything compatible?

Budget (including currency): ~750€ (including monitor, mouse and keyboard this goes up to 900€)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general gaming, game development (Unity)

Other details

I currently have these parts picked and is everything compatible? (Need an answer ASAP)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 4.6 GHz (Yes, I chose an APU for obvious reasons)

RAM: PATRIOT SL Premium DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz

SSD: CRUCIAL BX500 480GB

MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 

PSU: CHIEFTEC ELP-500S (500 Watts Efficiency, 80 PLUS BRONZE)

Case: NZXT CA-H510B-BR

Monitor: AOC 24B2XD

Also, what would be a good budget GPU to get when the prices fall, and should I get an additional CPU cooler or will the stock one be enough?

Everything is probably compatible, but I don't really recommend B450 motherboards with Ryzen 5000 series CPUs, since going through the BIOS update process (especially on a board without BIOS flashback) is a major headache. The B550 version should only be a small bit extra, and worth it in my opinion. Also, I don't believe Chieftec makes the most reliable power supplies, so you're better off going with something a bit higher quality, especially if you want to add a GPU in the future.

Something like a hyper 212 would be a good cheap cooler for that

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

The power delivery for that mobo is probably not enough for the 5700G. You will leave some performance on the table due to thermal throttling of VRM. I would recommend going at least a B550m Bazooka for that CPU. A MSI B550-A Pro or above would be better though.

27 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Everything is probably compatible, but I don't really recommend B450 motherboards with Ryzen 5000 series CPUs, since going through the BIOS update process (especially on a board without BIOS flashback) is a major headache. The B550 version should only be a small bit extra, and worth it in my opinion. Also, I don't believe Chieftec makes the most reliable power supplies, so you're better off going with something a bit higher quality, especially if you want to add a GPU in the future.

Would the Cooler Master MPE-5001-ACAAB-EU be a better power supply?

1 minute ago, Povilaz said:

Would the Cooler Master MPE-5001-ACAAB-EU be a better power supply?

Cooler master is a more reliable brand, and I don't think it will blow up or anything.

Other than what already have been said, Case is really bad option, Due to it having near to zero airflow. You can get much better case for that price range.

Also, consider getting NVMe storage, Because they are much faster while priced closely. In us market, U can get reliable 500GB NVMe for 50-55$ while BX500 is 45$.

16 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

consider getting NVMe storage

Is ADATA Swordfish 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD a good replacement?

33 minutes ago, Povilaz said:

Yes that's good enough. You can also look for team mp33/Z330, Crucial P2. In some regions Samsung 980 is also cheap. 

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Anything that is B450 will most likely work when going for AMD chips, if not, you can always go the route of contacting AMD for a spare chip that you have to send back. - If you are buying from a retailer you can always ask to flash the BIOS to the current version or the latest that the board supports.

2 hours ago, Cyracus said:

Something like a hyper 212 would be a good cheap cooler for that

Paying 40$ for this cooler is a sin. There are much better coolers for much better prices.
The Hyper212Evo was good for the price 10 years ago, people should stop suggesting it...

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Cooler master is a more reliable brand, and I don't think it will blow up or anything.

Don't buy brand, buy the product - every company makes their fair share of total shit.

1 hour ago, Povilaz said:

Use this SSD Tier list to make your purchase.
It was made by one of the LTT members alongside a few other people.

2 hours ago, Povilaz said:

Budget (including currency): ~750€ (including monitor, mouse and keyboard this goes up to 900€)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general gaming, game development (Unity)

Other details

I currently have these parts picked and is everything compatible? (Need an answer ASAP)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 4.6 GHz (Yes, I chose an APU for obvious reasons)

RAM: PATRIOT SL Premium DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz

SSD: CRUCIAL BX500 480GB

MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 

PSU: CHIEFTEC ELP-500S (500 Watts Efficiency, 80 PLUS BRONZE)

Case: NZXT CA-H510B-BR

Monitor: AOC 24B2XD

Also, what would be a good budget GPU to get when the prices fall, and should I get an additional CPU cooler or will the stock one be enough?

The case is trash - it's starving the system of airflow. See if you can find something along the lines of the Phanteks P300A Mesh.

The memory is very slow and budget teir for the CPU that you have it in. Look for Crucial Balistics 3600CL16 - Will let you a nice performance increase over what you have selected.

Your motherboard is laughable. If you can, look into the B450 Steel Legend from AsRock, that's my recomendation for that teir of CPU - if you're not going to swap the motherboard, either go for a 3300G-3600G or a 5300G-5600G.

Also, I am not seeing a CPU cooler listed - why are you buying a 5700G without a CPU cooler?
Yes, I am aware that it comes with one, but given the quality of most stock coolers, please rethink that decision.
Something along the lines of the Sythe Fuma 2 / Ventoo V5 (if you want to go cheap) will run miles around the stock cooler...

For your PSU, look into this guide for buing one, personally, I do not buy anything below a B tier. - If you're buying a GPU, seriously don't go under the 650w B-Tier mark.

As for a recomendation of a GPU, any of the 1600 series NVIDIA cards are good if you can find them at a decent price.
Perhaps a used 1060/1070, and if you want new, you can always look into the RX 6600XT from AMD.

If it comes down to the cost, remove the monitor and try to grab something second hand for the time being.

The Big UwU - Wise Words
1. PSU Wattage =/= PSU Quality
80+ Certification doesn't mean shit.
2. Don't cheap out on the heart of your system.

"B-b-but it was 20$ @ 800w, it was a steal!!" - An idiot with a dead PC.
3. Do not buy for brand, buy for the product.

Every company makes their fair line of garbage.

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

9 minutes ago, Jorban said:

Anything that is B450 will most likely work when going for AMD chips, if not, you can always go the route of contacting AMD for a spare chip that you have to send back. - If you are buying from a retailer you can always ask to flash the BIOS to the current version or the latest that the board supports.

Yeah, but it's still a better idea to get a B550 board, especially since the price difference isn't that much. 

10 minutes ago, Jorban said:

Paying 40$ for this cooler is a sin. There are much better coolers for much better prices.

Except it's usually on sale for $30 or lower, either the traditional or the black edition. For that price it's still a good cooler. 

11 minutes ago, Jorban said:

Don't buy brand, buy the product - every company makes their fair share of total shit.

Yeah, but that power supply is still a bit better. I could've restated that better, and looking at reviews it's a half decent power supply. 

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, but it's still a better idea to get a B550 board, especially since the price difference isn't that much. 

Considering that he's trying to buy a 5700G, sure a B550 board is more preferable.
However he shouldn't be buying a 5700G @ that price range regardless.
If he does go that route, my money says that he's going to litter the computer with other computer components that will be e-waste within 4months.

I should have stated before that with the other set of parts that he has, he is better off buying a much weaker CPU, or saving up more for quality components.
Also most of the time I have seen where the difference of a good quality B450 board and a good quality B550 board can be in the range of 100USD, and that's quite a bit, especially for a 750$ system.

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Except it's usually on sale for $30 or lower, either the traditional or the black edition. For that price it's still a good cooler. 

Anything over 20USD for that cooler is considered uncompetitive and an overpriced buy when so many other coolers exist with much better themal performance/price.

The Big UwU - Wise Words
1. PSU Wattage =/= PSU Quality
80+ Certification doesn't mean shit.
2. Don't cheap out on the heart of your system.

"B-b-but it was 20$ @ 800w, it was a steal!!" - An idiot with a dead PC.
3. Do not buy for brand, buy for the product.

Every company makes their fair line of garbage.

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)