TPM causes PC to crash on Bootup

IGS

Hey guys, so I am trying to get my budget streaming build to run windows 11 and my Gigabyte b450 Aorus Elite has an integrated TPM module. So I go to turn it on, reboot, and now windows is giving me BSODs left and right. I turn it off an everything is back to normal. My BIOS is completely up-to-date and all of my drivers are updated as well. I made sure everything is compatible with it but maybe I need a second opinion. If it helps I’ll have my build specs below.

Ryzen 5 1600

Gigabyte b450 Aorus Elite Rev. 1

8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666mhz DDR4

GTX 1050 Ti

My suggestion is to install Windows 10. In exactly 2 weeks when the Windows 11 actually releases, it'll never run on that machine with a first gen Ryzen chip.

You're gaining nothing by running a pre-released version of Windows 11.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

My suggestion is to install Windows 10. In exactly 2 weeks when the Windows 11 actually releases, it'll never run on that machine with a first gen Ryzen chip.

You're gaining nothing by running a pre-released version of Windows 11.

So if I were to upgrade the CPU, it would solve my problem? Or is that just for the actual release version?

4 minutes ago, IGS said:

So if I were to upgrade the CPU, it would solve my problem? Or is that just for the actual release version?

I can't say what's happening to your machine right now. Technically speaking, Windows 11 in its current form today should work fine on your machine as its not locked down like it will be for the retail release. 

As for running the retail release, yes, a new CPU, Zen2 and beyond, will have fTPM built in and be fine.

9 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I can't say what's happening to your machine right now. Technically speaking, Windows 11 in its current form today should work fine on your machine as its not locked down like it will be for the retail release. 

As for running the retail release, yes, a new CPU, Zen2 and beyond, will have fTPM built in and be fine.

Got it. Looks like Ive got something to work towards now. I just hope that it doesn’t cause the same BSOD every boot sequence.