Facebook Usage

abhay6547

So Facebook is that company that the internet just loves to hate on, so I was wondering, how many of you actually use Facebook and why?

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

I used to use it to keep in touch with friends and family, but I realized that meeting them in person was just as effective and had the benefit of a UI that didn't suck.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I used to use it to keep in touch with friends and family, but I realized that meeting them in person was just as effective and had the benefit of a UI that didn't suck.

Double that :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I check it a few times a day only because I have liked computer tech companies and I like to see what they post. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I can't live without Facebook. It's almost always opened

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I check it a few times a day only because I have liked computer tech companies and I like to see what they post. 

One of the biggest reasons why I use it too

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

I usually just leave the tab open so if someone wants to chat I'm there

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I usually just leave the tab open so if someone wants to chat I'm there

Same although no one ever talks to meh.  :( *goes and cries in corner*

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

lol this is why we have the forum; to talk to peoples :)

#foreveralone

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

im happy because i dont have it :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

lol this is why we have the forum; to talk to peoples :)

haha although it's not the same as chatting

#foreveralone

Exactly

people you know in person.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I've just deleted my account within the last couple of weeks. I never made any posts, nor interacted with my friends on there, so I didn't see the point in keeping it active.

I've just deleted my account within the last couple of weeks. I never made any posts, nor interacted with my friends on there, so I didn't see the point in keeping it active.

Makes sense, so do you prefer any other social networks like twitter?

I'm on facebook 22.5/7 because no one ever has freaking credit or a phone plan

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Makes sense, so do you prefer any other social networks like twitter?

I do use twitter, but only to interact with youtubers that I follow. Like someone said above, I prefer face-to-face interaction with friends/family.

Is it bad I would like Facebook if it wasn't...Facebook? Kinda like steak with fat stripped out. The legit users that keep in touch with people they actually know are the steak, the let's see how many "friends" I have contest people, data mining, and other crap are the fat that needs to be trimmed off Facebook.

That made sense..right?

I use it since it's a good way to keep in touch with classmates. I'd rather not give my number to people I barely talk to.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I'm surprised no one said they use it for business yet. I think it's a great way to keep in touch with colleagues and such.

I'm surprised no one said they use it for business yet. I think it's a great way to keep in touch with colleagues and such.

Now that you mention it, I know my sister uses it all the time for her marketing job.

I USED TO USE FACEBOOK BUT SINCE THEY BOUGHT OCULUS I HATE THEM AND...

nah.

Well, I really used to hang around there, but only because I had a few friends who begged me for weeks until I tried it. I eventually lost contact with aforementioned friends and my facebook account felt like a vegetable ever since, so I deactivated it.

After I had a Myspace account for a few weeks i noticed I didn't use it or fell like i needed to blog about my life and a pointless way I decided i had no need for that and as a result never got a Facebook account because of that.

I have one but barely use it only for talking to people I know but not that well

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

I have one, I use it all the time I have lots of family that lives no where near me that I interact with on there almost everyday along with a few good friends that have moved away. I may go days sometimes with out posting a status of my own but I am always commenting on things of family and friends.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger