Facebook Usage

abhay6547

Im not very social, so only sometimes for family and friends, mostly for updates on band tours, game/tech news and release dates.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I check it to keep up on some of the games, shows, and Explosm comics, as well as talking to friends and family.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I use it to stalk people (what? I'm a stalker-ish person!), to keep up with recent things and to keep up on classmates. I rarely post anything, though.

I'm rather unsocial so no-one ever contacts me, and when I rarely post anything, my posts sound/look/feel dumb for other people. Oh and people just add random people (even unknown ones) to their friends lists and thus have +300 "friends"? Even they all avoid me.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

The only time I use Facebook is when I need to 'like' something to get a freebie; I've received booze, condoms, t-shirts and dvds to name but a few.

Never had an account and never will .I feel so proud of myself

Me too ^^ 

I use Facebook for giveaways...

I used to use it to keep in touch with friends and family, but I realized that meeting them in person was just as effective and had the benefit of a UI that didn't suck.

I completely agree except for friends that live in other countries. They're the ones I talk to online :) (including Facebook)

I rarely talk to my friends in the country I live in online.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does not use Facebook.

Was getting worried that it was just me and the OAPs.

I had one for a while but it was pointless. I deleted it mostly because the majority of the people I was friends with were people I didn't talk to or frankly cared about. The people I did care about I talked to, texted, or saw on a regular basis so Facebook was nothing more than a way to see random shit they reposted.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I just use FB for tech news from manufacturers and sometimes communicating with friends/family. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Given that 80% of people on here use Facebook, it makes the Oculus reaction look fucking pathetic.

People are dumb.

Other: It jumped the shark.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.