CPU PSU 8 + 4 Pin Extension, Asus Thor 850w CPU cable too short.

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
3 minutes ago, novaforcex said:

Greetings everyone, I managed to connect my Asus Thor 850w CPU 8 + 4 pin cable through the front of my build, I have a ROG Strix Helios Case, the cable is too short to go on the back side of it. My question is, is there any 8+4 pin extension cable I can purchase to make it through the back of my case? I can only find 8 pin extensions on amazon. Any help will be really appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read me. Take care guys and stay safe.

You can find 4+4 pin cable extensions and only use the one half of it, it's the way my system is setup. I don't know if there are any dedicated 4 pin extensions out there.

Greetings everyone, I managed to connect my Asus Thor 850w CPU 8 + 4 pin cable through the front of my build, I have a ROG Strix Helios Case, the cable is too short to go on the back side of it. My question is, is there any 8+4 pin extension cable I can purchase to make it through the back of my case? I can only find 8 pin extensions on amazon. Any help will be really appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read me. Take care guys and stay safe.

3 minutes ago, novaforcex said:

You can find 4+4 pin cable extensions and only use the one half of it, it's the way my system is setup. I don't know if there are any dedicated 4 pin extensions out there.

I'm almost certain that given your use case, you don't need those extra 4-pins. Unless you're doing sub-zero extreme overclocking, not many people do.

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Awesome, I'll do that, thank you very much! Have a great week!

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I'm almost certain that given your use case, you don't need those extra 4-pins. Unless you're doing sub-zero extreme overclocking, not many people do.

Copy that, I thought they were needed and since I have them on my PSU, my tought was that if I have them I will just use them I guess it will make 0 difference to use 8 or 4 on my case then lol, thanks for your help! 🙂