PC dropping fps in games lately

Dripster

So my i5-4670k GTX 960 2gb 8gb DDR3 pc started lagging in-game lately.

Built about 5-6 years ago.

A year ago I used to run games like BF1 on medium settings or GTA V and The Witcher 3 on high-ultra settings at 60-70 frames like it was nothing.

Lately, I started having even Minecraft drop to 40 fps, and running battlefield 3 on lowest settings to squeeze around 50-60 fps.

Upgraded to windows 10 to update GPU drivers, as Nvidia no longer supports win7 systems as I understand.

Any suggestions ?

Don't compare apples to oranges. Do you have abenchmark run, from back in the day, like unigine heaven and an associated score? Compare those, not different games and settings. 

A lot can go wrong even when testing the same hardware twice consecutively and switching operating system can also make a noticable difference -usually for the better. If you don't have a proper benchmark baseline I think it will be hard to answer. Feelings are feelings after all and not very accurate. New games coming out will undoubtedly be more taxing. 

Have you checked for other people benchmarks for say BF3 with a 4670k and a GTX960?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

On 9/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, GER_T4IGA said:

Don't compare apples to oranges. Do you have abenchmark run, from back in the day, like unigine heaven and an associated score? Compare those, not different games and settings. 

A lot can go wrong even when testing the same hardware twice consecutively and switching operating system can also make a noticable difference -usually for the better. If you don't have a proper benchmark baseline I think it will be hard to answer. Feelings are feelings after all and not very accurate. New games coming out will undoubtedly be more taxing. 

Have you checked for other people benchmarks for say BF3 with a 4670k and a GTX960?

You're right bro my bad.

I don't have a set benchmark that I tested back in the day nor now.

But surely I used to run BF3 for example on ultra setting with not less of 60 frames.

After about a year of not playing regularly but using it every other day I tried playing some BF3 and noticed low fps, even after switching the graphics setting to low, as well as on other games that used to run smoothly.

I cleaned it properly from dust, though it didn't have much.