Is a b550 mobo with ryzen 5 5600x a good combo?

Go to solution Solved by MadGoatHaz,
11 minutes ago, Pancakeman said:

Specifically is this: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard a good combo with the Ryzen 5 5600x?

Im upgrading from a I5-8400, i will be keeping my Kingston value (2400mhz) ram and 1060 from my old build and only buying the cpu and motherbord.

If you're primarily gaming, that's more of a side step than an upgrade. I have to agree with @Somerandomtechyboi here. Ride your current chip as long as you can. Put your money towards a GPU  instead, your proc can still push some good frames. 

Specifically is this: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard a good combo with the Ryzen 5 5600x?

Im upgrading from a I5-8400, i will be keeping my Kingston value (2400mhz) ram and 1060 from my old build and only buying the cpu and motherbord.

You may want to get faster RAM if you want to upgrade. Something like 3200 to 3600 MT/s.

3 minutes ago, Pancakeman said:

Meh

Your i5 is still a semi decent 6 core so just keep that and just wait till next gen cause am4 and lga 1200 are dead end platforms

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Meh

Your i5 is still a semi decent 6 core so just keep that and just wait till next gen cause am4 and lga 1200 are dead end platforms

ok then maybe spend my money on buying a better gpu? 3060?

11 minutes ago, Pancakeman said:

If you're primarily gaming, that's more of a side step than an upgrade. I have to agree with @Somerandomtechyboi here. Ride your current chip as long as you can. Put your money towards a GPU  instead, your proc can still push some good frames. 

6 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Alright but should i upgrade my gpu? I have the option of buying a palit stormx 3060 or msi  ventus x2

Would depend on price to me. 

If price was the same however, is go with the Msi card.

1 minute ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Would depend on price to me. 

If price was the same however, is go with the Msi card.

Both are around the same price ~650 euros