1200w Power Supply click noise

sergen213

Hello everyone,

I have a Xigmatek 1200w 80+ platinum psu. My problem persists since 2018, when I flip the switch on the psu and try to turn my pc on, It makes a click noise and nothing happens. I know most of you gonna say psu is dead but here is the catch I sent it twice to service center and turns out it is fine. I've even tested on site it was working fine. I searched most of the other forums and they usually say if motherboard fits fine in the case ? Well psu is working fine if I don't turn the switch off or wait like 15 minutes after turning the switch on. It is kinda weird. Does anyone have any knowlesge about this issue ?

Thank you

After switching the power supply off, press the computer button for a bit. Switch the PSU back on and see if it starts right up. 

25 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

After switching the power supply off, press the computer button for a bit. Switch the PSU back on and see if it starts right up. 

Nope its not thats actually sums up my problem

Msi z370 sli plus I think its not my motherboard because I tried it with my brother's 750w power supply it works instantly.

51 minutes ago, sergen213 said:

I have a Xigmatek 1200w 80+ platinum psu. My problem persists since 2018, when I flip the switch on the psu and try to turn my pc on

Try not turning the PSU switch off in the first place, or waiting a while after turning it on before powering the PC up.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 minutes ago, sergen213 said:
13 minutes ago, sergen213 said:

I assume the PSU is fully modular? Can you try to move the CPU power cable to a different connection?

7 hours ago, MadGoatHaz said:

I assume the PSU is fully modular? Can you try to move the CPU power cable to a different connection?

I even changed the cpu cable but didnt change anything 😢

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Try not turning the PSU switch off in the first place, or waiting a while after turning it on before powering the PC up.

I'm scared to turn off my PC. I was using it as you say until it didnt turn on even if I left the power switch on. I'm in Canada right now. I bought it while I'm in Turkey. Is there some repair services only for power supplies ? Because google didnt help me

5 hours ago, sergen213 said:

I'm scared to turn off my PC. I was using it as you say until it didnt turn on even if I left the power switch on. I'm in Canada right now. I bought it while I'm in Turkey. Is there some repair services only for power supplies ? Because google didnt help me

Power supplies don't typically get "repaired".

The PSU isn't really meant to be flipped off and on from the back to begin with.  I'm sure there's a reason why you're doing that, but it's probably best you just leave it on and only shut down from windows.

The behavior you describe sounds more like a compatibility issues of the PG signal between the motherboard and the PSU.

Did it ever work properly?

Have you ever updated the BIOS on the motherboard?

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Power supplies don't typically get "repaired".

The PSU isn't really meant to be flipped off and on from the back to begin with.  I'm sure there's a reason why you're doing that, but it's probably best you just leave it on and only shut down from windows.

The behavior you describe sounds more like a compatibility issues of the PG signal between the motherboard and the PSU.

Did it ever work properly?

Have you ever updated the BIOS on the motherboard?

It usually works fine I even overclock my CPU and GPU but when I turn it off. I have to wait like 15 minutes. I always use the latest BIOS. This was happening with all of the BIOS ı used. I always turn it off from Windows and then from the switch. I always scared that one day there will be a surge and my PSU will die on me that's why I always keep it off when I'm not using it. I'm probably gonna get a new one.

19 hours ago, sergen213 said:

It usually works fine I even overclock my CPU and GPU but when I turn it off. I have to wait like 15 minutes. I always use the latest BIOS. This was happening with all of the BIOS ı used. I always turn it off from Windows and then from the switch. I always scared that one day there will be a surge and my PSU will die on me that's why I always keep it off when I'm not using it. I'm probably gonna get a new one.

Are surges frequent on your power? A decent surge protector should give you piece of mind. Going further, you can always look into a UPS with conditioning to keep that power clean as well as provide all the surge protection you want.

Amazon.com: CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower : Electronics

15 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Are surges frequent on your power? A decent surge protector should give you piece of mind. Going further, you can always look into a UPS with conditioning to keep that power clean as well as provide all the surge protection you want.

Amazon.com: CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower : Electronics

ı'll get one as soon as I get back to work again.