Is there any grey market source where I coulg get a ryzen 3 5300G?

Title. I want to upgrade my near 11yr old cpu to something a bit newer. Note just doing this because i need a cheep cpu that preforms well. I have a gpu allready but it is low end albiet probably better then an igpu(gtx 1050 2gb). If there is a way to run igpu accelerated workloads that would be really good.

NOTE i mean for a resasonable price. This might be asking a bit much but still. They are like 200 bucks on ebay. for a ryzen 3.

Do you really need it? You could also look for a Ryzen 4000 or 5000 APU, they should be easier to get, but different prices.

For the 5300G, I suggest you search for "tray" as it means it's the loose version. Never sold of course.
After a quick search I found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294051090205

Not exactly maybe what you need, it's a engineering sample.

If you already have a 1050, I'd just get a Core i3 10100 or 10105. The iGPU acceleration for Intel is more likely to be supported by applications and the CPUs can be found for under $150.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

If you already have a 1050, I'd just get a Core i3 10100 or 10105. The iGPU acceleration for Intel is more likely to be supported by applications and the CPUs can be found for under $150.

Upgrade path after that tho.

Same gen, but that'd be the same with AMD since they're also supposed to change socket on next gen.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Same gen, but that'd be the same with AMD since they're also supposed to change socket on next gen.

Should i wait until zen 4 then?

The 1050 out performs the AMD APU. you should look at an I3-10105f, motherboard that support comet lake plus rocket lake and 2x8GB ddr4 memory.

I can find all that for £200 here in the Uk so you should be able to get if for $200 or less. Your upgrade path then would be a GPU upgrade followed by an 11th gen CPU.

The 1050 is decently fast, it's just vram starved, keep it and invest in a new cpu/mobo/ram and also get a better gpu or wait for gpu prices to get better. No point in getting an apu when you have a somewhat modern dedicated gpu.