NZXT H440 white/blue Build

Got the main components: CPU, RAM, MB and some other stuff..more on the Pentium later.. :P

post-70057-0-51470400-1397001841_thumb.j

post-70057-0-33079900-1397002606_thumb.j

Ready for the test bench:

post-70057-0-04747300-1397002621_thumb.j

Now it`s time to try some graphics cards. I ended up with an ancient GTX 9800+ (best card i own at the moment) after comparing it to a GTX 550 Ti. (waiting for Maxwell)

post-70057-0-41157100-1397003085_thumb.p

Ordered the case and some blue sleeved cables! While i was waiting I installed everything in my old modded Bitfenix Collossus. 

post-70057-0-03326600-1397003327_thumb.j

Photos of the NZXT case and the system are coming soon! I still need: Dx11 GPU, MSATA SSD, a SILENT PSU (im using a random 750watts psu with a broken fan :P) and some lighting in the case. Altough the Intel stock cooler is very silent with the Pentium (60wattsTDPmax) I will buy a custom water-cooling setup in the future.....and maybe an i5 :D Looking forward to a Corsair RM PSU for now.

The case arrived... :)

post-70057-0-59295400-1397048113_thumb.j

I somehow got my hands on a Dual GPU version of my graphics card on ebay for 20 bucks ( Asus EN9800GX2). It is doing a very good job (scaling in SLI) but it's definitely too loud:D

post-70057-0-46221200-1397048140_thumb.j

First assembly: :o :o :) :)

post-70057-0-32875200-1397048403_thumb.j

Cable Management at it's best! :D Waiting for Corsair PSU..

post-70057-0-64728800-1397048490_thumb.j

aftermarket cpu cooler wouldv been nice

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Post a pic outside the pc showing the h440 also?  :)  :)  :)

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

Dude lol you don't need a custom loop for a Pentium. Hurry up with the case, I'd like to see your cable management because my back panel is so tight the next thing to do would be to sit on it.

Wait, mSATA SSD? You don't even have an mSATA slot...this is an ATX board

Frozen #1 disney movie NA

One thing to note. Don't lay your motherboard on the anti-static bag. The inside is anti-static but the outside is conductive. That is how the anti-static ness works. 

It's fine to lay it on the back of the anti-static bag, just don't power it on.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

One thing to note. Don't lay your motherboard on the anti-static bag. The inside is anti-static but the outside is conductive. That is how the anti-static ness works. 

If using the outside of the bag was harmful I would have a pile of broken motherboards.

If using the outside of the bag was harmful I would have a pile of broken motherboards.

The thing is that if you for whatever reason turned power on in top of ir, it may cause a short circuit to the board. Not every anti static bag is like it, but some are. The best way to test the mobo outside of the case is to lay it down on the mobo box without the bag

Dude lol you don't need a custom loop for a Pentium. Hurry up with the case, I'd like to see your cable management because my back panel is so tight the next thing to do would be to sit on it.

Wait, mSATA SSD? You don't even have an mSATA slot...this is an ATX board

Frozen #1 disney movie NA

I do water-cooling mostly for looks..and like i said i ll get an i5 for OC :)

There is a msata slot On this MSI Board:)

Cable Management is online ;)

aftermarket cpu cooler wouldv been nice

It never runs over 60 degrees and is very quiet with the pentium... but yeah it looks..not good

The thing is that if you for whatever reason turned power on in top of ir, it may cause a short circuit to the board. Not every anti static bag is like it, but some are. The best way to test the mobo outside of the case is to lay it down on the mobo box without the bag

The bag is not made of some magic material on the inside, its the same on the outside, I've done it over a thousand times.

Looking good man, H440 makes builds look so clean hey

i'm starting my build next weekend cant wait!!!

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

Sorry, I was clearly not seeing well when I looked at the MSI board. I missed the mSata slot under the socket.

Build, man! I want to see how clean you can get your cable management.

MMM, blue white and black. very nice indeed.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

The bag is not made of some magic material on the inside, its the same on the outside, I've done it over a thousand times.

.... Please do some research, and you will actually find out, that some bags are conductive on the outside. I am an ICT Technician, and i can tell you, that some bags use conductive outsides, and non conductive insides on the bags, to protect the mobo. Not all does it, but some manufactures do. And since you are here on the LTT forums, i assume that you also now that what I said, Linus also tells people to do.

It's fine to lay it on the back of the anti-static bag, just don't power it on.

Just trying to keep our awesome tech safe. Even though there is a very low chance of it happening,the point is that it can happen. 

.... Please do some research, and you will actually find out, that some bags are conductive on the outside. I am an ICT Technician, and i can tell you, that some bags use conductive outsides, and non conductive insides on the bags, to protect the mobo. Not all does it, but some manufactures do. And since you are here on the LTT forums, i assume that you also now that what I said, Linus also tells people to do.

I haven't encountered one in twenty years.. *shrug*

Looking good man, H440 makes builds look so clean hey

i'm starting my build next weekend cant wait!!!

So much fun to build in the H440 :)

great cable management bud.

One thing about the ram.. I'm not 100% sure, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.. but I think you're supposed to use the colored slots first.  I read that somewhere before..

great cable management bud.

One thing about the ram.. I'm not 100% sure, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.. but I think you're supposed to use the colored slots first.  I read that somewhere before..

I also didn't know.. It seems to be different on some boards so I admit I used the manual here. It's right this way:) 

Ok, you wanted to see my CABLE MANAGEMENT! One thing: The SATA HDD will be removed so the SATA POWER and DATA cables will be removed. Lighting will also be added in the future...

post-70057-0-22736700-1397166545_thumb.j

post-70057-0-14967400-1397166561_thumb.j

I love 3x120mm fans in the front :)

post-70057-0-74477800-1397166641_thumb.j

I also didn't know.. It seems to be different on some boards so I admit I used the manual here. It's right this way:) 

oh really?  Because I have a similar board and I populated the blue slots first.... 

oh really?  Because I have a similar board and I populated the blue slots first.... 

Solution: buying more ram :D I will try the other slots ;)