[US] Corsair RM 650 PSU $90

Faceman

Corsair RM 650 - $90

• 650W
  • 80+ Gold Certified
  • Fully Modular

This is a heck-of-a deal.  This is a very good PSU from a very reputable brand.  At 650W and Gold Certified, you can run SLI with confidence.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

sli depending on your gpus lol, a 4770k and 2 780s will draw 650w on full load.. cutting it close much

Mmmmm. no.

Here is a test bench setup that uses the ATI R9 295X2, which is rated at 500TPD, a GTX 780 requires 250, so this is an accurate representation of how much power will be required.

Test bench:

Processors Intel Core i7-4960X (Ivy Bridge-E) 3.5 GHz Base Clock Rate, Overclocked to 4.2 GHz, LGA 2011, 15 MB Shared L3, Hyper-Threading enabled,

Motherboard MSI X79A-GD45 Plus (LGA 2011) X79 Express Chipset, BIOS 17.8

Memory G.Skill 32 GB (8 x 4 GB) DDR3-2133, F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM x2 @ 9-11-10-28 and 1.65 V

Hard Drive Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB SATA 6Gb/s

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 295X2 8 GB   2 x AMD Radeon R9 290X 4 GB (CrossFire)   AMD Radeon HD 7990 6 GB   2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6 GB (SLI)   2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3 GB (SLI)   Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 4 GB

Power Supply Rosewill  Lightning 1300 1300 W, Single +12 V rail, 108 A output

As you can see from these very thorough tests, the 295X2, and even the GTX780 Titans in SLI only use 480W while under full load and gaming at their peak, and averaging closer to 430W.  650W and 80+ Gold is plenty for SLI.

PowerConsumption

@Anthony10 stop spreading bad information.

Edit:  To be safe, I checked another review.  They have the power consumption rated at 507W at the peak.  SLI GTX Titans don't even break 500W at peak.

PowerConsumptionGraph

Source: Guru3d

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I give bad information and am wrong that you can use 780s and a 4770k with 430w.

I just calculated it with no hard drives, no peripherals ect.

Just 4770k and 2 780s. Non overclocked too.

a0af4b056fd7cc71ba765b0aa20ea018.png

@Faceman stop spreading bad information.

I just calculated it with no hard drives, no peripherals ect.

Just 4770k and 2 780s. Non overclocked too.

a0af4b056fd7cc71ba765b0aa20ea018.png

@Faceman stop spreading bad information.

This is a theoretical application.  I presented you hard facts from two independent reviewers who actually conducted these tests.  Not some formula that is being conservative in its estimates.

Thanks for playing.

This is a theoretical application.  I presented you hard facts from two independent reviewers who actually conducted these tests.  Not some formula.

Nowhere on that graph is 2 way sli 780s. Just titan SLI. Which is rated 486 on that graph, and that graph rates the CARDS TDP. 4770k max tdp is 85w. Add that together you get ~570w. I also included 4 ddr3 dims on the calculation, forgot to include. That would bring you up to the numbers I showed.

SO... @Faceman "stop spreading bad information" because you are wrong. kthxbai 

@Anthony10 You don't know how to read a benchmark do you.  Both graphs provide the relevant information, and those tests are conducted with a full system build.  Click the links, go to the page marked "Test Bench" to see their entire computer's specifications.

SLI means 2x.  In the 2nd graph, lower on the graph, it shows what a single GPU pulls, and higher up it has the cards in SLI, which again means 2x.  All of the relevant information is present.

Again, you are using a formula for an estimate.  The graphs are snippets from a much larger, more in-depth review of every aspect of the card that was actually conducted, in real life, not on a widget.

Lets just stop this bickering.  If I'm not going to convince you with hard scientific proof, then you are a lost cause, Mr. 32GB of RAM for a gaming computer.

@Anthony10 You don't know how to read a benchmark do you.  Both graphs provide the relevant information, and those tests are conducted with a full system build.  Click the links, go to the page marked "Test Bench" to see their entire computer's specifications.

SLI means 2x.  In the 2nd graph, lower on the graph, it shows what a single GPU pulls, and higher up it has the cards in SLI, which again means 2x.  All of the relevant information is present.

Again, you are using a formula for an estimate.  The graphs are snippets from a much larger, more in-depth review of every aspect of the card that was actually conducted, in real life, not on a widget.

Lets just stop this bickering.  If I'm not going to convince you with hard scientific proof, then you are a lost cause, Mr. 32GB of RAM for a gaming computer.

The first graph is a full build calculation but the second one specifically states "Calculated Card TDP in watt"

Which is the one I showed you.

Ok so 231x2=462 take 20w off of my number? You then have to calculate in all the other components in a pc besides RAM gpu and cpu.

Yea stop arguing I agree. And I planned to run a game server off my computer while using it and dedicate a lot of RAM to it, however my internet bottlenecks the RAM so it ended up being useless. Here is my next build which I am returning my current for if you are interested: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3olLm

I'll update my next build in sig, think that's not the current parts list. It will be watercooled and based off of a build a user named ciobanulx did on LTT. Good day to you sir.