which one to buy first?: used 3700x or good b550 mb

Hi guys
I have two options in front of me to start building the pc
1-buy a used 3700x from Ali Express from a trusted store with high rating...230$
Or buy a high-end B550 motherboard like B550 tomahawk or gaming edge..170 to 180$
I'm confused now
I want to hear your opinion down below! which part should i start with
Will the motherboard support the upcoming processors from Ryzen?... tech News says it will be on ddr5 ram

there mihgt be a refresh generation of ryzen based on the 3d cache thing.

Rn, leakes have it under zen3d, but its not official. The next generation will be on AM5 and DDR5, maybe with dual sypport for ddr4 and 5.

Id get more midrange board and a 5600x, but thats just me

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I would buy everything at once, so you can return stuff if they don't work. Save up money first then do the build. If you buy piece by piece over time, you might pass the warranties. There's no way to really test the parts without build the entire computer.

9 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

Will the motherboard support the upcoming processors from Ryzen?... tech News says it will be on ddr5 ram

There might be a 6000 series that comes out for current motherboards, but most likely we're at the end of the AM4 socket. DDR5 will be for AM5 socket.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Lee said:

I would buy everything at once, so you can return stuff if they don't work. Save up money first then do the build. If you buy piece by piece over time, you might pass the warranties. There's no way to really test the parts without build the entire computer.

There might be a 6000 series that comes out for current motherboards, but most likely we're at the end of the AM4 socket. DDR5 will be for AM5 socket.

Another reason for this is by the time you buy the last component the next generation could be out getting you more bang for your buck if you wait.