New Samsung Ody Neo G9 has same recall issue as the original version.

I originally made the post on reddit about issues and recalls on the 1st edition Samsung Odyssey G9.

I have since returned 2 of the original Ody G9s, under recall. If you own one, they will allow you to return it, without question, for a full refund. All you have to do is keep telling them "its under recall".Even when they want to send someone out to troubleshoot it, just tell them "no, its under recall."

They are under recall due to a 240hz horizontal scan line issue (as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/7P7K7Ls.png).

I went through 2 monitors, hoping one with an updated manufacture date would resolve the issue. It didnt.

My next thought was, "ok, lets return the 2nd one and get the Ody Neo G9, upgraded panel. They must have this issue fixed in this panel right?"

WRONG.

The horizontal scan line issue STILL EXISTS in this new Neo G9 panel.

The updated monitor and panel are nice, I'll say that. There are additional buttons for quick switching between monitor settings (profiles). Its a bit more durable (doesnt move around as much), the frame has a more streamlined look to it, the colors and contrast are quite a bit better than the original. The blacks are amazing.

Im not sure what Im going to do. Who knows if this issue will ever be fixed. It's not present in 120hz, only in 240hz, so at least Ive got that going for me.

I am certainly going to reach out to Samsung support and have them look at this. For awhile they were saying that replacing the mainboard on the monitor was resolving it for the 1st edition. But then later they told me that was no longer an option.

I wanted to share this with all of you that are looking at upgrading to ultra-wide. I will post more updates as I get them.

tl;dr - New Samsung Ody Neo G9 has the same horizontal scan line issues at 240hz that are under recall on the first Ody G9.

Hmm, Scamsung or Scumsung, hard to tell. Oh well, why not both!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

• 5 months later...

I am on my third Neo G9 with the same issue.  Samsung just refuses to acknowledge or fix it.