Rocket League Commnunication error

Md z
Go to solution Solved by Md z,

RocketLeague_2021_09_13_13_14_23_754.png

Try disconnecting aand reconnecting to wifi.
Also restart the console/pc

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

22 minutes ago, Mr-G-Man said:

Try disconnecting aand reconnecting to wifi.
Also restart the console/pc

I restart  the PC but the result is same

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to PC Gaming

What do  mean by move to PC Gaming . I am playing on a PC

57 minutes ago, Md z said:

What do  mean by move to PC Gaming . I am playing on a PC

That's moderation action for the forums. Your thread will receive more eyes that might know about the issue when thread is placed in proper subforum. Here you are asking about the game specifically, not the platform (though those too would be better in PC Gaming section).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Have you had a look at this:

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054169594-Connection-Troubleshooting-on-PC

Also, there is a setting under

Settings > Gameplay called Input Buffer. You can try adjusting that to reduce latency issues during a match.

The options are Default, STS, CSTS.

Not sure that will help with connection error issues, but can help reduce lag during a match.

But generally, I find the RL servers are just... flakey.

I have a decent, stable, Internet connection, use wired gigabit ethernet on a business class switch and router, am in the North American West Region (most of their servers seem to be in NA West and NA East) and I still experience lag, frequent disconnects/disconnect warnings during gameplay, occaisional high ping of 100 or more (on average my ping is normally 70 on NA East servers and 20-30 on NA West servers), packet loss during game play, and often times, the RL server will disconnect me after a while if I am at the RL main menu and idle for 5-10 minutes (not in a match).

The RL servers have never really been all that reliable, especially during peak hours when under heavy load. I've been playing (casually) since 2016.

I've played in the middle of the night and the maps/arenas and overall gameplay seems and feels so much faster, with less connection issues.

23+ yrs IT experience

MAIN SYSTEM

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1

Case

Antec Three Hundred Two Gaming

CPU

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz 12-Core 24-Thread

Motherboard

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

RAM

G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB

(2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)

Graphics Card

Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Overclocked (Factory) 6GB GDDR6

Dual-Fan EVO Edition

Storage

2 × Samsung 970 EVO Plus Nvme (M.2 2280) SSD 1TB

2 × Samsung 860 QVO SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD 1TB (RAID1 Array 1)

2 × Hitachi UltraStar HDS721010CLA330 7200RPM SATA III 3.0Gb/s 1TB (RAID1 Array 2)

PSU

Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold

Optical Drive

LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Rewriter

Displays

HP w2408 widescreen 16:10 1920x1200 @60Hz

HP w2207 widescreen 16:10 1680x1050 @60Hz

Keyboard/Mouse

Logitech MK200 Wired Keyboard/Mouse Combo Kit

A colleague of mine was constantly kicked out of the matches as well.

None of the suggestions provided in some guides worked, even the 'clear cache' one which seemed more in-depth than 'fix the file integrity', 'restart connection', 'restart PC' etc.

What actually ended up helping was found in a comment section of one of those articles and it was about disabling particle effects in options. I think in case of my colleague those were shadows, but my memory might not be accurate.

While surfing for solutions I also found some comments from people who dealt with it via GPU drivers update/downgrade, although the majority had success while upgrading that obviously depends on GPU in question.

Here's the article with the comment I mentioned: https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/rocket-league-crashing.html

Copy of the comment (just in case article/comment gets deleted):

Alejandro Dirksen a year ago

OK, I have had this issue since the 2020 release when it became free on Epic games and I actually thought nothing will work. Eventually, this combination below here is what worked:
1. Open CMD as administrator and type sfc/scannow. Make sure all issues are fixed or repair windows by reinstalling it using the media tool. Hopefully you don't have to go that far but I had to.
2. Run Epic Games or whatever launcher you have as an administrator. Do not run the Rocket league game as administrator as this cause the game to not even launch at all. Run rocket league in compatibility mode for windows 8.
3. Make sure your drivers are Up to Date. I checked all of them on device manager in control panel and one by one checked for update on each.
4. This is by far the most important step. After checking event viewer and the log files for the game, it appeared that the culprit was a particle component of the game so I turned off all particle effects including the weather effects and this is what finally stabilized the game and stopped the crashes.

I hope these helps, note that these were not all the things I tried but were the most relevant in solving the issue.

Hope that helps you ;).

11 hours ago, aramini said:

Have you had a look at this:

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054169594-Connection-Troubleshooting-on-PC

Also, there is a setting under

Settings > Gameplay called Input Buffer. You can try adjusting that to reduce latency issues during a match.

The options are Default, STS, CSTS.

Not sure that will help with connection error issues, but can help reduce lag during a match.

But generally, I find the RL servers are just... flakey.

I have a decent, stable, Internet connection, use wired gigabit ethernet on a business class switch and router, am in the North American West Region (most of their servers seem to be in NA West and NA East) and I still experience lag, frequent disconnects/disconnect warnings during gameplay, occaisional high ping of 100 or more (on average my ping is normally 70 on NA East servers and 20-30 on NA West servers), packet loss during game play, and often times, the RL server will disconnect me after a while if I am at the RL main menu and idle for 5-10 minutes (not in a match).

The RL servers have never really been all that reliable, especially during peak hours when under heavy load. I've been playing (casually) since 2016.

I've played in the middle of the night and the maps/arenas and overall gameplay seems and feels so much faster, with less connection issues.

I get 55-60 ms ping on Sea Asia server. My connection is fine .

It's probably just their servers then. Just have to live with it.

23+ yrs IT experience

MAIN SYSTEM

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1

Case

Antec Three Hundred Two Gaming

CPU

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz 12-Core 24-Thread

Motherboard

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

RAM

G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB

(2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)

Graphics Card

Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Overclocked (Factory) 6GB GDDR6

Dual-Fan EVO Edition

Storage

2 × Samsung 970 EVO Plus Nvme (M.2 2280) SSD 1TB

2 × Samsung 860 QVO SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD 1TB (RAID1 Array 1)

2 × Hitachi UltraStar HDS721010CLA330 7200RPM SATA III 3.0Gb/s 1TB (RAID1 Array 2)

PSU

Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold

Optical Drive

LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Rewriter

Displays

HP w2408 widescreen 16:10 1920x1200 @60Hz

HP w2207 widescreen 16:10 1680x1050 @60Hz

Keyboard/Mouse

Logitech MK200 Wired Keyboard/Mouse Combo Kit