Laptop running HOT!

lu4414

Hi everyone, how are u doing?

So I have a 2018 Nitro 5(i5 8300h, 1050) and when I am Playing CS:GO (low settings, fhd, 200 fps) my CPU is hitting 95C and the GPU 80C even with laptop in a stand with fans set to max. 

Web browsing temps are 70C/60C.

CPU is undervolted with -0,130V
Is that a symptom of bad thermal paste? Or before committing to a repaste I should look on other stuff too?

Tks

@lu4414 Well I mean it is a laptop. High temps are normal and expected. Best course of action would be to clean your fans, and make sure you are not suffocating your laptop fans as many people do. 

It’s a really cheap gaming laptop, where did you think the cost cutting was going to be?

This kind of stuff is generally why people don’t recommend cheap gaming laptops. You pay more for more than just performance with a better machine.

1 hour ago, char3327 said:

@lu4414 Well I mean it is a laptop. High temps are normal and expected. Best course of action would be to clean your fans, and make sure you are not suffocating your laptop fans as many people do. 

Fans are clean and unobstructed. I definitely expect high temps, but that high?

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

It’s a really cheap gaming laptop, where did you think the cost cutting was going to be?

This kind of stuff is generally why people don’t recommend cheap gaming laptops. You pay more for more than just performance with a better machine.

Yeah sure, but I am quite happy with the overall performance/quality for my use and fully aware that the cooling system is far from ideal. The question is if that behavior is common for all units or maybe be something exacerbated on mine