Is cx450 enough to run 980ti

AMD Newbie
5 hours ago, AMD Newbie said:

Is Super Flower Leader Silver any good? 

We don't know, no reviews.

57 minutes ago, AMD Newbie said:

I have a choice between RM650, CX650F and TX650M. which one should i pick?

If you don't care about it being very quiet or not then TX-m, otherwise RM or CX-F if the latter is cheaper.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

We don't know, no reviews.

If you don't care about it being very quiet or not then TX-m, otherwise RM or CX-F if the latter is cheaper.

TX650M is 9k, RM is 10k, CX-F is 8k

27 minutes ago, AMD Newbie said:

TX650M is 9k, RM is 10k, CX-F is 8k

If you're considering a 10k PSU, why not Super Flower Leadex III then ?

16 minutes ago, Juular said:

If you're considering a 10k PSU, why not Super Flower Leadex III then ?

They out of stock in my local

Just now, AMD Newbie said:

They out of stock in my local

Well, CX-F it is then, but don't chase over 650W, 550W is enough.

17 minutes ago, Juular said:

Well, CX-F it is then, but don't chase over 650W, 550W is enough.

Thanks. On the second thought, should I buy TX650M instead of CX650-F? TX-M is 10-15% more expensive 

1 hour ago, AMD Newbie said:

Thanks. On the second thought, should I buy TX650M instead of CX650-F? TX-M is 10-15% more expensive 

Yeah, just be aware that it's not a particularly silent unit.

4 hours ago, Juular said:

Yeah, just be aware that it's not a particularly silent unit.

one more thing, can i use sata to 6-8 pin PCIE adapter? is it better than molex? I'm not planning to use one with 980ti. 

12 minutes ago, AMD Newbie said:

one more thing, can i use sata to 6-8 pin PCIE adapter? is it better than molex? I'm not planning to use one with 980ti. 

Then what are you planning to use it with?  There's four PCIe connectors already on the PSU.  Why do you need more than that?

And the answer is "no".  Either option will start a fire.

15 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Then what are you planning to use it with?  There's four PCIe connectors already on the PSU.  Why do you need more than that?

is there much of the difference between CX650F 2020 and TX650M 2017? 

10 minutes ago, AMD Newbie said:

That didn't answer MY question.

15 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

I don't plan to use it.  I want to know how dangerous it is to use these adapters.

16 minutes ago, AMD Newbie said:

What's a CX650F 2020?

There isn't more than one version CX-F.

CX-F and TX-M are the same topology.  CX-F is fully modular and has an RGB fan.  TX-M has more robust components.

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

What's a CX650F 2020?

There isn't more than one version CX-F.

CX-F and TX-M are the same topology.  CX-F is fully modular and has an RGB fan.  TX-M has more robust components.

Meaning it was released in 2020. So which one of them is the most bang for the buck? 

11 minutes ago, AMD Newbie said:

I don't plan to use it.  I want to know how dangerous it is to use these adapters.

I've been using 2 molex 6pin adapter to power up 960 4GB 180W. I've been told that i should be ok as lons as there is two molex instead of one, so they can split 75w.

14 minutes ago, AMD Newbie said:

I've been using 2 molex 6pin adapter to power up 960 4GB 180W. I've been told that i should be ok as lons as there is two molex instead of one, so they can split 75w.

A PCIe 6 pin cable has three 12V 16-18AWG wires to carry current. A Molex 4 pin has just one 12V wire, which is often thinner, 18-20 AWG. So instead of having three thick wires, you have two thinner ones, as well as an additional connector (adds resistance), and even more length from the adapter. So no, it's not really fine.

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

A PCIe 6 pin cable has three 12V 16-18AWG wires to carry current. A Molex 4 pin has just one 12V wire, which is often thinner, 18-20 AWG. So instead of having three thick wires, you have two thinner ones, as well as an additional connector (adds resistance), and even more length from the adapter. So no, it's not really fine.

I've been using 2 molex 6 pin adapter to power my 960 4gb for almost three years. Luckily there was no problems so far, but i don't think the same would go with the EVGA 980ti. I can't afford the risk of trying to power 980ti with adapter.  So i want to buy a really good PSU to power that card. Preferably from Coisair. i'm kinda stuck between CX650F and TX650M. TX650M costs only 10% more than CX650F in my local, but TX-M is out of stock now. So idk which one to pick. 

2 hours ago, AMD Newbie said:

I've been using 2 molex 6 pin adapter to power my 960 4gb for almost three years. Luckily there was no problems so far, but i don't think the same would go with the EVGA 980ti. I can't afford the risk of trying to power 980ti with adapter.  So i want to buy a really good PSU to power that card. Preferably from Coisair. i'm kinda stuck between CX650F and TX650M. TX650M costs only 10% more than CX650F in my local, but TX-M is out of stock now. So idk which one to pick. 

You were lucky.  Why would you even THINK about using adapters when the PSU has NATIVE connectors that you should be using.  It doesn't even make sense to ask about it.  Get the new PSU and throw the adapters in the garbage.

960 is what? 120W:s? Most cards only had 1x 8pin as that + pcie-slot gets you to over 200W:s. So adapter might be ok for those low currents but not for +100W:s.

10 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

You were lucky.  Why would you even THINK about using adapters when the PSU has NATIVE connectors that you should be using.  It doesn't even make sense to ask about it.  Get the new PSU and throw the adapters in the garbage.

My card has 8 pin and 6 pin connectors for power. 8 pin from psu CX450 and 2 molex pcie 6 pin adapter to power. 

9 hours ago, Jeppes said:

960 is what? 120W:s? Most cards only had 1x 8pin as that + pcie-slot gets you to over 200W:s. So adapter might be ok for those low currents but not for +100W:s.

Gigabyte 960 4GB 180W

On 9/14/2021 at 5:41 AM, jonnyGURU said:

I've purchased CX650M instead of CX650F. CX650F was out of stock. Did I just screwed myself buying CX650M instead of CX650-F? My cpu is amd ryzen 3 3100 and my gpu is evga 980 ti. 

I've purchased CX650M instead of CX650F. CX650F was out of stock. Did I just screwed myself buying CX650M instead of CX650-F? My cpu is amd ryzen 3 3100 and my gpu is evga 980 ti. 

The CXM and CXF are as similar as "car" and "carpet". It should be fine, but it's lower end, and you should expect coil whine. The CX650 would be a better option.

:)

They're pretty different.  You should've opted for the TX-M then.

43 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

They're pretty different.  You should've opted for the TX-M then.

TX650M was out of stock too. Is CX650M bad?