The Matrix 4 Color Graded trailer

Rito101

I couldn't help but notice how my gut kept telling me that the trailer just doesn't feel like it's the matrix and after watching it 40 times it dawned on me that it's due to the lack of green color grading in it..

So i did a tiny bit of color grading and makes a huge difference when you look at it side by side 

Original 

https://youtu.be/9ix7TUGVYIo

Mine 

https://youtu.be/jdzof9ofhT8

17 minutes ago, Rito101 said:

I couldn't help but notice how my gut kept telling me that the trailer just doesn't feel like it's the matrix and after watching it 40 times it dawned on me that it's due to the lack of green color grading in it..

So i did a tiny bit of color grading and makes a huge difference when you look at it side by side 

Original 

https://youtu.be/9ix7TUGVYIo

Mine 

https://youtu.be/jdzof9ofhT8

It's supposed to lack the Green colour tone.

Go rewatch the end of the third movie - inside the Matrix when Neo "defeats" Smith (by defeat, I mean he lets himself be infected, and the Machines use Neo's direct connection to destroy Smith), and the machines "reboot" the Matrix under the new truce, the colour tone changes from the green undertones, to the bright cheery tones that match what we see here in this Trailer.

With that in mind, I'll have a look at yours - it'll be cool to see it look like the classic Green tone, but it absolutely makes sense the way they colour graded it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It's supposed to lack the Green colour tone.

Go rewatch the end of the third movie - inside the Matrix when Neo "defeats" Smith (by defeat, I mean he lets himself be infected, and the Machines use Neo's direct connection to destroy Smith), and the machines "reboot" the Matrix under the new truce, the colour tone changes from the green undertones, to the bright cheery tones that match what we see here in this Trailer.

With that in mind, I'll have a look at yours - it'll be cool to see it look like the classic Green tone, but it absolutely makes sense the way they colour graded it.

I know but damn does it look way better with it included

1 minute ago, Rito101 said:

I know but damn does it look way better with it included

Agree to disagree.

Personally I think the new trailer looks awesome. The colour tone is different and fresh, compared to the original 3 movies.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The trailer looks great. I'm curious what'll become of the movie. At first I felt like it falls short a bit and just wants to be a retelling of first movie (even though that makes sense in the context of it) with new actors, but it looks interesting. Excellent choice of music, but really weird to not see the original faces.

22 hours ago, Rito101 said:

just doesn't feel like it's the matrix

Kind of the point as it isn't "the matrix" as we knew it anymore. Seeing it with a green tint adds some nostalgia factor though.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB