Odyssey G9 (different problem)

iLLaGeViDioT

So, ever since I bought this G9 (G95), I've been having serious issues with my PC and/or the monitor itself.  First off, my completely stable at 3440x1440 OC turned up FX errors and artifacting with this monitor, which I figured was the overclock being not as stable as I thought it was (if I swapped back to the old monitor none of those problems persisted).  So I turned it down to stock in the program and still continued to have the issues until I uninstalled the OC program itself.  Fine.  I'll run it stock speeds and use my monitor.  I've also been getting wholesale computer freezes that only happen when I'm outside of media like videos or in-game.  If I'm in-game nothing happens.  I've also gotten intermittent black screen from this monitor that only happens once a while, but it definitely happens.  These problems get worse when gsync is turned on.  

I'm wondering if anyone else is getting these issues with this monitor? I'm sorry if its been beaten to death (I'm Canadian can't you tell), I just want to confirm that this isn't just me or if the problem is elsewhere in my PC.  Granted I'm pretty sure it's not to do with my PC as my old 3440 monitor doesn't replicate what I've been dealing with, but it's hard to say, because it happens fairly infrequently.  I just can't be sure it's not a PC hardware issue unless I can confirm that I'm the only one having these problems.  I've flashed the firmware to the newest version time and time again on this monitor and it has never once fixed the issues I've had.

I'm bummed as there's no way to refund it at this point.  Am I stuck with a dud that I can get fixed through samsung warranty, or am I'm stuck with a dud that will never get fixed and I was roasted for 1500 dollars?

**Also, directed towards LMG staff as an aside to the question**

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing a video that you guys have done outside of the initial praise you had for this panel critiquing the serious and fundamental flaws it has.  I saved up and bought it off of your recommendation, and knowing what I know now about all the problems people have had with it, I would never have bought it.  I'm not blaming you for praising it.  There are a lot of things it has that are done right, and the negatives it has aren't immediately noticeable.  I saw your video and I was sold.  It's more my fault than yours for not looking deeper into it, but judging by what I know now about it, and it being common knowledge at this point with people who own the panel (and people who follow these things far more than I did at the time) I feel you guys really dropped the ball here.  You guys do all things tech, and this is a serious investment that everyone who bought it are having problems with.  There's no way that you didn't know about the issues that the majority of people were having, and the complete disregard upon informing people about this monitor is seriously making me question your credibility.  Maybe that says something about me trusting a single source, but that says a lot about the source itself.  Maybe my situation is isolated, but the amount of people who have been burned by this monitor is not inconsequential and I'm certain that a large portion of people who own this thing bought it on your recommendation.

Standard Odyssey quality control issues, all of Samsung's gaming monitors are like this, all of the reviewers including Linus (RTINGS, Hardware Unboxed aswell) have entirely failed to inform consumers about the extreme lack of quality control regarding the G7 and G9 displays, and i must congratulate your bravery for overclocking the G9 which is a monitor that is infamous for extreme temperatures honestly it is surprising it handled that as well as it did

'I've also gotten intermittent black screen from this monitor that only happens once a while, but it definitely happens. '
Yep, someone else had this aswell Odyssey G9 Blackscreen and Crash with Latest Drivers : ultrawidemasterrace (reddit.com) sadly it's just common for these displays to fail so hard, it also hurts to say that at one point you might also encounter scanlines or even worse, quite literally a health hazard as G9s have been seen literally dispensing toxic fumes from quite literally burning Samsung Odyssey G9 Burning Smell : ultrawidemasterrace (reddit.com)Samsung Odyssey G9 - Burnt Electronics Smell and Clicking : ultrawidemasterrace (reddit.com)

Such is the way of the Samsung, RMA it as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, iLLaGeViDioT said:

So, ever since I bought this G9 (G95), I've been having serious issues with my PC and/or the monitor itself.  First off, my completely stable at 3440x1440 OC turned up FX errors and artifacting with this monitor, which I figured was the overclock being not as stable as I thought it was (if I swapped back to the old monitor none of those problems persisted).  So I turned it down to stock in the program and still continued to have the issues until I uninstalled the OC program itself.  Fine.  I'll run it stock speeds and use my monitor.  I've also been getting wholesale computer freezes that only happen when I'm outside of media like videos or in-game.  If I'm in-game nothing happens.  I've also gotten intermittent black screen from this monitor that only happens once a while, but it definitely happens.  These problems get worse when gsync is turned on.  

I'm wondering if anyone else is getting these issues with this monitor? I'm sorry if its been beaten to death (I'm Canadian can't you tell), I just want to confirm that this isn't just me or if the problem is elsewhere in my PC.  Granted I'm pretty sure it's not to do with my PC as my old 3440 monitor doesn't replicate what I've been dealing with, but it's hard to say, because it happens fairly infrequently.  I just can't be sure it's not a PC hardware issue unless I can confirm that I'm the only one having these problems.  I've flashed the firmware to the newest version time and time again on this monitor and it has never once fixed the issues I've had.

I'm bummed as there's no way to refund it at this point.  Am I stuck with a dud that I can get fixed through samsung warranty, or am I'm stuck with a dud that will never get fixed and I was roasted for 1500 dollars?

**Also, directed towards LMG staff as an aside to the question**

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing a video that you guys have done outside of the initial praise you had for this panel critiquing the serious and fundamental flaws it has.  I saved up and bought it off of your recommendation, and knowing what I know now about all the problems people have had with it, I would never have bought it.  I'm not blaming you for praising it.  There are a lot of things it has that are done right, and the negatives it has aren't immediately noticeable.  I saw your video and I was sold.  It's more my fault than yours for not looking deeper into it, but judging by what I know now about it, and it being common knowledge at this point with people who own the panel (and people who follow these things far more than I did at the time) I feel you guys really dropped the ball here.  You guys do all things tech, and this is a serious investment that everyone who bought it are having problems with.  There's no way that you didn't know about the issues that the majority of people were having, and the complete disregard upon informing people about this monitor is seriously making me question your credibility.  Maybe that says something about me trusting a single source, but that says a lot about the source itself.  Maybe my situation is isolated, but the amount of people who have been burned by this monitor is not inconsequential and I'm certain that a large portion of people who own this thing bought it on your recommendation.

I bought the 49" Odyssey G9 December last year, eventually returning it less than a month later.

Reason for returning was primarily G-Sync related. G-Sync was one of the driving factors for my purchase, so the issues experienced was unacceptable, especially considering the price tag.

• Had issues with black horizontal bars when dark content was populating a percentage of the screen (could be easily reproduced by having Steam open, occupying 33%)
  • Had issues with 3D assets flickering in games (reported to be related to when framerate drops below the minimum framerate of its G-Sync, but that wasn't the case)
  • While colors looked absolutely amazing, the viewing angles were so bad that I noticed it as soon as I wasn't sitting perfectly centered and at somewhat optimal distance

I tried updating the firmware in hope that it could solve the G-Sync issues, but found that I couldn't - the monitor disconnected the USB device whenever I started the process.
Samsung support was no help - didn't get a response, followed all documentation and guidelines to the letter, meanwhile other users reported the exact same problem.
I found that the monitors USB Hub could not be connected to the computer while attempting to update, seemingly because Windows instantly tries to enumerate the device when the monitor disconnected it (to gain direct access).
Disconnecting the hub from the PC, allowed me to update - but didn't solve any of my G-Sync problems.

I actually posted a guide on how to update the firmware on Samsung's forums, multiple users confirmed the solution and a Samsung staffer marked it as the "answer" to the issue.
But for the life of me, I cannot locate that post anymore - seems it has been pulled from their site.

[EDIT] Found a link to it, looking through old e-mails:
Solved: Re: Odyssey G9 Cannot Upgrade Firmware - No USB de... - Page 2 - Samsung Community - 1454700

13 hours ago, helfisk said:

I bought the 49" Odyssey G9 December last year, eventually returning it less than a month later.

Reason for returning was primarily G-Sync related. G-Sync was one of the driving factors for my purchase, so the issues experienced was unacceptable, especially considering the price tag.

• Had issues with black horizontal bars when dark content was populating a percentage of the screen (could be easily reproduced by having Steam open, occupying 33%)
  • Had issues with 3D assets flickering in games (reported to be related to when framerate drops below the minimum framerate of its G-Sync, but that wasn't the case)
  • While colors looked absolutely amazing, the viewing angles were so bad that I noticed it as soon as I wasn't sitting perfectly centered and at somewhat optimal distance

I tried updating the firmware in hope that it could solve the G-Sync issues, but found that I couldn't - the monitor disconnected the USB device whenever I started the process.
Samsung support was no help - didn't get a response, followed all documentation and guidelines to the letter, meanwhile other users reported the exact same problem.
I found that the monitors USB Hub could not be connected to the computer while attempting to update, seemingly because Windows instantly tries to enumerate the device when the monitor disconnected it (to gain direct access).
Disconnecting the hub from the PC, allowed me to update - but didn't solve any of my G-Sync problems.

I actually posted a guide on how to update the firmware on Samsung's forums, multiple users confirmed the solution and a Samsung staffer marked it as the "answer" to the issue.
But for the life of me, I cannot locate that post anymore - seems it has been pulled from their site.

[EDIT] Found a link to it, looking through old e-mails:
Solved: Re: Odyssey G9 Cannot Upgrade Firmware - No USB de... - Page 2 - Samsung Community - 1454700

Man, Samsung monitors really suck right now huh

5 minutes ago, tierwelder said:

Well, can only attest to the 49" G9, never had a Samsung monitor before or after.
Currently on LG's 34" GN850 - never regretted it, despite the drop in peak brightness (1000nits on Samsung's, 450 on LG's)

However, I do appreciate that Samsung is pushing the boundaries - think about it, 49" 5120x1440, HDR1000, not to mention - dat curve.

Unfortunately, someone at Samsung greenlit putting an unpolished product on the marked, while they must have known of all the issues internally.

4 hours ago, helfisk said:

Well, can only attest to the 49" G9, never had a Samsung monitor before or after.
Currently on LG's 34" GN850 - never regretted it, despite the drop in peak brightness (1000nits on Samsung's, 450 on LG's)

However, I do appreciate that Samsung is pushing the boundaries - think about it, 49" 5120x1440, HDR1000, not to mention - dat curve.

Unfortunately, someone at Samsung greenlit putting an unpolished product on the marked, while they must have known of all the issues internally.

They used the same panel as the original g9, used miniled and added fald instead and added 1k to the price, it's pretty bad.

5 hours ago, tierwelder said:

they likely have super loose binning and no calibration, sorta like how some corsair ram doesn't run at stock, all the monitors run at 120/144hz perfectly fine, whether it runs at 240 is a diceroll, though people with working monitors don't make a post about it. I personally know someone who returned the g9.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

7 hours ago, xg32 said:

They used the same panel as the original g9, used miniled and added fald instead and added 1k to the price, it's pretty bad.

they likely have super loose binning and no calibration, sorta like how some corsair ram doesn't run at stock, all the monitors run at 120/144hz perfectly fine, whether it runs at 240 is a diceroll, though people with working monitors don't make a post about it. I personally know someone who returned the g9.

I would like to note though, I miss the 49" for productivity and work - but at that pricetag and feature set, it is both overkill and overpriced for that.
Would love a decent reasonably priced 49" ultrawide 60hz, 400nits display for work! Though it seems there's not much catering to that segment.

What happened to Scamsung? The webz is full of issues about Scamsung G5, 7, 9, 10, 32, 69, 256 etc etc.

And some monitors even costs more than OLED O_O

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

It's normal for cheap made Samsung panels.. Had 9 G9 (some with sub pixel failures) with dust inside panel 1 without but crazy popping + sizzling noises, even when it was turned off.

4 G9 Neo with dust inside panel. One with several sub pixel failures.

~15 G7 (1 without) with dust and some with pixe failures. A lot other Samsung Sva used for Samsung, AOC, MSI, Microboard etc. monitors with dust/dirt.

It's very common for Samsung Sva to have mostly dirt inside the panel. I you wont play this insane lottery buy LG panel monitors. It's very rare for this panels to have dust/dirt. It's very bad luck there. Also newer Innolux panels are mostly clean. AUO, BOE, Sharp and Samsung are real horror. Dust/dirt lottery is for normal buyers, who buy only a few nothing for getting through.

To get 1 PG32UQX without dust and pixel failures i had to buy 7. No joke. 7 times ~3500 Euro.

3 hours ago, Nacht said:

Return it if you have issues, these panels should't even be sold it should've been taken of the shelves after panels let lose.

If had 3 Samsung G9 panels TSSR variant all with dead pixels going from 3 down to 2 back to 3 on first panel that had 1 reviving pixel but then reappeared.

2e had 15+ dead pixels are you kidding me ? like 3 next to each other or so of each color making it like 6 to 9+ in 1 spot.

my third came with 2 dead pixels 1 visible only non viewing angle, 2e one was dark green but visibly black from normal viewing angle, 1 revived fully vanished looked like a dirty glued pixel just like my first panel had a dead pixel pop up.

I enjoyed it for less then 2 weeks and it went black once a day rma'd the next day it turned black, webshop i made agreement i would not accept anything back any worse then i had so anything more then 1 dead pixel bassicly exception if its in the middle incase they replace the panel.

They ended up staying silent for 2 weeks then after many promises of contacting me back within 48 hours and not doing so they told me i would not have any right to return it after repair, even tho i was pretty sure they probably end up not repairing it anyway cos they see nothing wrong, and here its not even legal to send back a broken unit.

So i took that as problem since i did not agree to that, told them to refund me, now im waiting for my refund that has already been approved.

Anyway i am 100% sure the dead pixels and problems with these panels are all cos the panel lets lose, if seen complains of users seeing backlight bleeding thru tiny gaps in panel that could allow dust to enter / insects.

afbeelding.png.fa6659f525cafd7cd4faab2bd7eafbd9.png

Like here as example, its bassicly just a bug between the panel and the backlight insect blocking the light so the pixels do not fully light up.

It would not surprise me if there was never any recall at all, they fixed a few panels glued them together, with glue residu entering the panel causing more dead pixels of which some melt away and cure it self, while some are never touched and do not show any gaps except internally where insects/dust still can enter unseen and cause a ton of problems.

Samsung should be ashamed of them self, and should't be allowed to make monitors at all until they resolve this.

I better hope the G9 Neo have non of these build quality issues and have them all fixed, altho they come with there own problems.

broken/buggy HDR

Broken SDR which if heard is very blurry.

Imagine wanting a 240hz ultrawide least and Samsung having monopoly but at the same time terrible quality control.

Im quite sure there many more with similar problems if reported, if never had dead pixels on any screen if owned until i tryit getting a Samsung G9 oddyssey, if had many stuck pixels tho.

15+ dead pixles LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! Wtf?! At which webstore did you buy them?

1 hour ago, ST4RX said:

It's normal for cheap made Samsung panels.. Had 9 G9 (some with sub pixel failures) with dust inside panel 1 without but crazy popping + sizzling noises, even when it was turned off.

4 G9 Neo with dust inside panel. One with several sub pixel failures.

~15 G7 (1 without) with dust and some with pixe failures. A lot other Samsung Sva used for Samsung, AOC, MSI, Microboard etc. monitors with dust/dirt.

It's very common for Samsung Sva to have mostly dirt inside the panel. I you wont play this insane lottery buy LG panel monitors. It's very rare for this panels to have dust/dirt. It's very bad luck there. Also newer Innolux panels are mostly clean. AUO, BOE, Sharp and Samsung are real horror. Dust/dirt lottery is for normal buyers, who buy only a few nothing for getting through.

To get 1 PG32UQX without dust and pixel failures i had to buy 7. No joke. 7 times ~3500 Euro.

Bruh, that's ~24,500 Euro we're talking about... But it's Asus and totally expected because their QC is terrible on a whole new level. We are talking about €3500 per unit!!!!!!!!!! I once had the Asus PQ22UC oled monitor and returned it after two days because the oled is not inf:1 black and blue ink-ish smearings started to appear the next day when there is white content like in movies and movies.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I know. Asus has no qc concerning panel quality. PQ22UC with Joled panel is crap, it has crappy colors and very low brightness. I had the LG 32EP950 a few weeks ago. This monitor is producing deep blacks. But the coating is leading to liftet blacks if ambient light hits the panel :D. For 3250 Euro it's a joke. The brightness is awful low for hdr content. But together with very good oled contrasts it looks a lot better than the G9 Neo with hdr :D. The colors are really popping. Very good saturation.  The G9 Neo is a washed out mess.

Yep, very good for fast returns. Used it always in Germany if they have stock. Amazon is crying a lot if you return faulty monitors. I won't get a ban :D. Mediamarkt is never questioning return. Returned 90+ % of monitors there. I ordered with a few exceptions only monitor there. So it's a really bad return ratio :D. But not my fault if monitors are trash which should had never passed the quality control.

Amazon is already crying if you return 3 of 15 orders.

1 minute ago, ST4RX said:

I know. Asus has no qc concerning panel quality. PQ22UC with Joled panel is crap, it has crappy colors and very low brightness. I had the LG 32EP950 a few weeks ago. This monitor is producing deep blacks. But the coating is leading to liftet blacks if ambient light hits the panel :D. For 3250 Euro it's a joke. The brightness is awful low. But together with very good oled contrasts it looks a lot better than the G9 Neo with hdr :D.

Yeah, I cannot believe how extremely shameless Asus is. Do you still the 32EP950? I'm curious if it's flickerfree but it's confirmed it's not... And I'm sensitive displays having no flickerfree technology.

Here in the Netherlands the LG 32EP950 it's for pre-order for €3599. Well, I'm waiting for 42" OLED, almost 3x cheaper.

DAC/AMPs:

3 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Mediamarkt its a dutch / german webshop

Mediamarkt is full of bullshit. I'm from the Netherlands too.

-edit-

Maybe not bad for some.

DAC/AMPs:

@CTR640

I don't have the LG 32EP950 anymore because arround 70 % of the panel had a yellow tint (no excellent white uniformity for proefessional monitor is a joke) and one pixel was dead. And as i said the hdr brightness is on a level with a hdr 400 - 600 monitor. Nothing special for this price. The colors and contrast is very, very good. Especially in a dark room, when nothing "disturbs" the coating.

And the build quality is mostly crappy like you would expect from a 200 Euro monitor. Only the bar is metal shielded, rest cheapest plastic even the stand :D.

@Nacht

Believe me or not. The qc issues of my AW3821DW and X34GS are minimal compared with Samsung/AUO shit panels. The 2 exchanges of AW3821DW were only about finding the best possible white homogenity. But no big qc flaws. The X34GS was immideatly a hit. Perfect panel with excellent white homogenity.

At Mediamarkt.de you could return much as you want. No complains. Fast refund in my region. The prices are not the best sometimes. But for monitor lottery its all about fast returns :D.

4 minutes ago, Nacht said:

They agreed to fix and give refund incase i get something worse back then said they take away my return right after fixing, while already having given me 3 bad panels so i got fed up told them to refund me after many broken promises, anyway if had more issues, im not sure if i wanna get another G9 again or a Neo or just another screen, the nano ips from LG i may consider to but if heard it also has quality check issues, really do not want a panel with dead or stuck pixels, and i rather be done with it within my next order rather then returning it instantly and trying again few more times.

We have a tablet/laptop and they refuse to fix it after the first while it's not our fault. Of course it's Asus... My sister needed to have a small laptop for school.

I'd rather buy from Coolblue. Maybe they can be expensive than other webstores but they don't cry.

Due to all the horror stories, it sounds to me it's like the QC has gotten much more worse. I'm really scared if I buy a new monitor right now, I may get the never-ending LCD issues. Although only BenQ or Iiyama it is and definitely NOT from Gigacrap, Assus and Scamsung.

DAC/AMPs:

2 minutes ago, ST4RX said:

@CTR640

I don't have the LG 32EP950 anymore because arround 70 % of the panel had a yellow tint (no excellent white uniformity for proefessional monitor is a joke) and one pixel was dead. And as i said the hdr brightness is on a level with a hdr 400 - 600 monitor. Nothing special for this price. The colors and contrast is very, very good. Especially in a dark room, when nothing "disturbs" the coating.

And the build quality is mostly crappy like you would expect from a 200 Euro monitor. Only the bar is metal shielded, rest cheapest plastic even the stand :D.

LOOOOOL so much for €3600.... Ugh... But then again, it's freaking JOLED. For many years they still can't fix shit! Don't they know their shit won't be popular with such insane prices?? Fucking hell, man! Damn! yeah, the stand is very very ugly and cheap looking crap.

DAC/AMPs:

Consider this are the cheap produced printed panels. LG is overpricing it by insane amount of money. They even using cheapest plastic you could imagine for most parts of the monitor and no hdmi 2.1 :D. No adaptive sync and no hdmi 2.1 or dp 1.4 with dsc. And no overclocking possible. Nothing. Not 1 hz oc, even if you would use wqhd instead of uhd  :D.

The flickering which is shown in your video could be vrr flickering, because va panels can't handle brightness fluctuations which are especially appearing at lower refresh rates. It's a common issue besides bad response times (black to grey) which also producing flashing. Because of this i would never touch va again. Had enough from G9/G9 Neo in 2020 and this year. Last i bought only because of mini led when no real user experience was spreaded on the internet.

I want save money by buying a G9 Neo. The PG32UQX is really expensive and is not really flawless :). As we see now, nobody is gifting you something equal cheaper.

Flickering could appear in every game with va. That's the biggest disadvantage of va. It's a lottery. So it's all about oled and ips.

I would desire more ips with mini led, especially with good dimming algorithm for minimal halos. So the less contrast could be compensated.

I know your pain very well. Had very much monitors of the same type over the past years because of panel lottery. 

I would advice you buy LG panel monitors instead of others. For AUO/Samsung/Sharp/BOE/CSOT ... you will need many, many samples to get one without failures.

In 2015 -  2016 you needed up to 50 AUO ips (AH-VA) panels to get one without dust, good uniformity and backlightbleed/ips glow.

When the first gaming ultrawide panel monitors were released in 2017. The dust/dirt lottery was gladly over for "normal featured" panels.

For AUO fald you had to buy a lot monitors to get a few without dirt. I got there only 1 X27, 1 PG35VQ and 1 AG353UCG (it had very loud fan which i wasn't able to disassemble because the frame of the fan was soldered to the headsink, wont cut it and lose warranty, so i returned) without dust/pixelfailures. All needed a fan mod, otherwise unuseable for me.

The smaller 1440p ultrawides (34GN850 and X34GS) have less homogenity lottery. If you don't really care about good white uniformity you could try 38GN950 or AW3821DW.

AW3821DW can handle both free-sync (adaptive sync) and G-Sync (adaptive sync + variable overdrive). G-Sync Ultimate module is also supporting free-sync over the full adaptive sync range (1 - 144 hz). Because of much better customer support without sending your monitor for weeks in, i would buy AW3821DW. I did the same.

43 minutes ago, ST4RX said:

Flickering could appear in every game with va. That's the biggest disadvantage of va. It's a lottery. So it's all about oled and ips.

I would desire more ips with mini led, especially with good dimming algorithm for minimal halos. So the less contrast could be compensated.

I doubt it's VA. The issue is totally on Samsung their side. I have a VA monitor and there is no backlight bleed and the uniformity is excellent. It's a BenQ monitor.

The flickering is because of VRR or other sync tech but I could be wrong tho. OLED tv's do have the same issue wit those tech. BFI (Bacl Frame Insertion) can be an issue tho but again, I could be wrong. These are the thing I've come across when I was gathering more info about the LG 48C1. For now I'm waiting for the 42" OLED and I'll just disable any of the sync anyway.

DAC/AMPs: