All Headets Left Channel Louder

Eric00

In the past week I have noticed that my left channel is about 20% louder than my right channel on ALL my headsets on my computer. They are different models and all of them are louder on the left than right. I made sure the windows balance is even and at 100L and 100R is when I can notice how much louder my left channel is. I have tried all the ports on my computer, used different connectors and tried USB adapters. Going into device manager and deleting the audio drivers did not fix them.

Might it be your ears? If you put your headphones on "backwards", so left pad on right ear and right pad on left ear, does the louder side switch sides?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

When you checked the windows balance, were you under control panel sound? I have had this happen and Windows settings said one thing and control panel said another. Also maybe another application causing the issue.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

2 hours ago, tikker said:

Might it be your ears? If you put your headphones on "backwards", so left pad on right ear and right pad on left ear, does the louder side switch sides?

Originally thought it was my ears because my iPhone's headphones were louder in the left as well, but I bought new earpods and the sound on them is balanced again. My computer headset is louder when swapped around in my right ear.

2 hours ago, mr fobs said:

When you checked the windows balance, were you under control panel sound? I have had this happen and Windows settings said one thing and control panel said another. Also maybe another application causing the issue.

I used control panel to get to the sound and sound in the bottom right. Sound settings in window's settings are also the same when changed. As for a specific application I do not know what may be causing it because there were no audio driver updates in the past week as far as I researched and I downloaded nothing else. I could understand that if the audio was bad being directly plugged into the motherboard that maybe the audio chip was failing, but using USB and non-realtek options confuses me.